Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
sudo apt-get purge 930

Shipped to wrong address

I didn't realize that my old address was set as default in my order form for Pelican. I placed an order and it is scheduled to be delivered to Beech Grove, IN on Monday and I am now in Northern Kentucky (Cincinnati area). I called Pelican early in this and they contacted Fedex but it didn't solve the problem. Now I'm about to be out $110. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I don't want to speak with the new owners (bad sales experience) but I want my parts. What options do I have?

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 06-30-2007, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
FedX should be able to re-direct your shipment (for a fee).
Get on the FedX website and put in your tracking number to see where the package is right now. Someone at that location should be able to stop and re-direct.
Only the entity who originates the shipping can request a re-direct. If your package is FOB destination then Pelican has to put in the request. If your package is FOB origin then you will have to do the legwork.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Pelican already requested the change but it didn't help. Fedex told them the change was made but they couldn't guarantee it. What is FOB?

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

F.O.B. means freight on board. This typically is where possession transfers. If it is FOB destination, then it is yours when it gets there. However, if it is FOB origination, then it is yours when it ships. I think it is commonly used as FOB origination, hence the "on board", unless specified otherwise.

Good luck with your shipment.

'86 930 Turbo
'03 996TT - Gone, but not forgot!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: