Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

anyone running with rear sheetmetal removed?

someone on this board with a 3.2 conversion is running with the rear sheetmetal removed,just the back strip. l can see why you`d want to do this especially with a turbo conversion car because its a pain to fit everything back there. l think Juan helped this guy with his car,,anyhow he claims cooler running temps.Anyone have any experience with this? l have my sheemetal trimmed around the turbo and l have a vented panel where the reflector was,l also vented the bumper where the licence plate mounts. l have seen several VW`s come into my shop with blown engines from running with no sheet metal around the motor.No bueno..
Old 07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

with your fan right there it would suck the hot air from your exhaust system. instead of drawing it from up top and throught the intercooler.i had the rubber seal at the back fall off.and it ran hotter.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

that`s what l thought also,that it may run hotter..
Old 07-05-2007, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: