Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
user & abuser

Garage
okay... sorry for the mistype, i could tell from the twin intakes that its a twin turbo...

lol

how big are they?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Banned

Nice Butchers in that shop.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Not trying to throw a can of Zippo lighter fluid on the subject, but *IF* we're all looking at the same pictures, I'm confused about where the "bling" is that was mentioned earlier? And why are they "butchers"? I don't see how the car has been totally disfigured...from any other "race car"!? So it has a freaking 'chute hanging off the back and a ton of stuff has been removed to lighten the load...nothing new there.

I've been an endurance road racing fanatic ever since I was five years old and my father began bringing me with him to see Sebring and the 24 at Daytona (I grew up in FL). I always drooled over the 911s in the pits. They were ALL stripped down! They were ALL highly modified! They ALL had many purpose built parts for their respective application! Most had CRAZY body mods (wings, flairs, spoilers, etc) and would be nearly impossible to transform back into a street car. Today, I bring my 9 year old son with me to VIR. Obviously little has changed. Are these guys butchers, too?

So this goes goes fast in a straight line. I've never been a huge NHRA fan, but I respect their world and their cars. Same goes for NASCAR...not my cup of tea, but it's different strokes - racing none the less. And for entrance into this world you need a car modified as such. For all we know the flippin' thing was/is a salvage tittle or a wrecked tub of some sort.

Believe me, I'm not trying to change any minds - opinions have been formed and that's cool, I respect that. But what is wrong with thinking outside the box, attempting a paradigm shift, and/or breaking through the stereotypes that say: "bring American muscle to the 1/4 or go home"?!?!?!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 07-08-2007, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Strokher

I hear ya... I personally like it when someone shows up with something different. How many GM, ford , mopar drag cars are out there... there used to be a 500sl drag car too and I thought that things was cool. But Porsche's where meant to be road cars so I see it is such a large departure from our "ideal usage" of a P car. Maybe the other guys will come around when and if this monster does us proud
I got a worse reaction when I painted purple flames on my 993 twin turbo GT1R car. I took it to Parade in Sacramento and people where giving it funny looks and shaking thier head just because it had flames on it. I just laughed and went out and kicked butt.... hopefully this car will too .

Here is the butchered P car I built

Old 07-08-2007, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

I think anyone who calls that car butchered is close-minded. The man who built that car is named Jimmy Kakeletris and is amazingly talented. He and Eddie B. ran in the 9s 10- 15 years ago before anyone else did with one of these cars. If it weren't for some innovations by the "Drag racers" like Eddie and Jimmy, many people would still look at us like a bunch of wine and cheese eating chooches. Cars like this break down barriers of whats possible or impossible. And one other thing, The car is far from butchered, with a few small suspension mods this car can be made into a road course winning race car in a heart beat.
Anybody can talk as much garbage as they want- what separates the men from the boys is the willingness to take a chance to do something different........... and 900+ horse on low boost setting.

For some this car is too much, I understand that.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette

Last edited by 930gt-40r; 07-08-2007 at 08:24 AM..
Old 07-08-2007, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

VZ.......I think the flames look great on the car! Its a race car they are supposed to look extreme!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

E-85 sippin drunk

+2, vz, your car is simply awesome!!!! I have starred at the pics of your car throughout the last few years for hours. Trying to see every little detail.....trying to learn from it...... I think cars like the one that started this thread are incredible works of art. I mean most of the folks on this list can not do fabrication anywhere near that level... But some can.... and for those folks, they can appriciate the level of work that goes into a car suck as that.

Granted, to take perfectly good car, and cut it up...to some is a crime. And to a certain extent, I agree..

However, like Sand man stated above, we dont know what condition the chassis was before the mods. I personally am not into drag racing, and would never set my car up as such. If I was into drag racing, I would buy a Stang, or an equivilent car to do that. It is just SO much cheaper to go fast in the 1/4 with an american car.

I like road racing, and have set my car up as such. I have full coilovers, full cage, race seats, removable steering wheel, etc, etc.... and still daily drive my car... To some my car is way to over the top...they look at it and shake their heads. But to the few who have ridden in the car, and to the ones who have only seen the view starring at the rear of the car when on the track can attest.... it does what it does to the best of it's ability.....
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Eric - I sent you a couple of emails. I thought your car was done. What else are you doing to it? You have to be goin nuts not driving it yet.

Cool car in the link, but I'm not a fan of dragging a Porsche - especially when they were successfully designed as endurance road cars. And can't you build a better drag car from something else for half the price with the same performance (straight-line, that is).
Old 07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

i think it comes down to that saying"if you dont have something good to say,dont say anything" a little while ago i showed pics of my builtup center console.i was waiting for someone to say how i butchered it lol. and for those purple flames.THAT IS SWEET.i remember seeing pics of that car before.i love it.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
Yeah and four years ago everyone was giving me grief for 18's on an early car. Doesn't seem so strange looking at recent threads now does it? Sure it doesn't ride smooth but the Smart bars, big TB's and weight reduction didn't help that either.

I never have figured why a VW can beat up on our Porsches in a straight line. They just had a meet here in town this week....I wouldn't touch many of them with my raised compression 2.7 MFI. Not at 30 and not at 70. Of course down the road when their heads overheated.....

Thanks for the picks Stroker. Don't you still loose sleep over the reduction in surface area of your polished parts over the cast OEM treatment on your engine?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Don I never got your email?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

You are a funny guy Luke I justify it easily......polishing saves weight! Couple old unfinished pics of my engine.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

There is absolutly NOTHING wrong with a little polishing!!!! HAHAHA

BTY, Eric, your motor looks very good....
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

You don't have to like it but you have to respect the amount of work and talent that takes to build a car like that.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally posted by turbobrat930

BTY, Eric, your motor looks very good....
Understatement of the year! INSANE! I've been seeing pictures of this engine for some time, now, Eric. Where's the rest of the beef?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 07-10-2007, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

The link below has more pics, courtesy of the shop that did the fabrication.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2023907
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Morris
The link below has more pics, courtesy of the shop that did the fabrication.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2023907
WOW, that's really crazy! I like it even more, now! The thing is, he's still running a Porsche turbo engine...albeit modified to Space Shuttle specs, but it's not like a small block cheby has been shoe-horned in there.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

I would assume that it's been converted to RWD?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Ok.. I'll pitch in too with some pics of one of mine....

Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Oh lord, I thought Eric was bad. LOL
Old 07-10-2007, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: