Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche Junky

Garage
Beware....The Bucking....

I came suddenly....silently....

It came as I was having a little tet a tet with a 350Z down an uncrowded rural highway...

Done toying, I downshifted and waited for the boost to propel me away from the Z when BAM! The Bucking....

Today was my first chance to really explore the issue...there is definitely a correlation between a suddenly lean condition showing on my WB A/F meter near full boost and....The Bucking....but the car runs great otherwise

To be continued.........

Old 07-07-2007, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Overboost switch ?
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 07-08-2007, 04:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Manassas, VA

Garage
See my post above

It's called "Intercooler Wiring Modification"

Mark
Old 07-09-2007, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Oh, too bad you weren't in that 3.6 conversion you sold to me... you'd have blasted by that Nissan - like when the Enterprise accelerates to mock 10 in Star Trek next Gen... as if you forgot Hee Hee
Old 07-13-2007, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Porsche Junky

Garage
Hehhehheh....I smoked that Z even with the overboost prob....

Undoubtedly my wastegate is sticking....havn't had time to investigate further...
Old 07-16-2007, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Re: Beware....The Bucking....

Quote:
Originally posted by mede8er
I came suddenly....silently....

It came as I was having a little tet a tet with a 350Z down an uncrowded rural highway...

Done toying, I downshifted and waited for the boost to propel me away from the Z when BAM! The Bucking....

Today was my first chance to really explore the issue...there is definitely a correlation between a suddenly lean condition showing on my WB A/F meter near full boost and....The Bucking....but the car runs great otherwise

To be continued.........

I have to say - your first sentance had me a bit scared to read any further.

But I did....
Old 07-16-2007, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Porsche Junky

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
I have to say - your first sentance had me a bit scared to read any further.

But I did....
Hehhehheh...well...it was pretty scary...
Old 08-02-2007, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What makes you think it is the wastegate?
Mods include: Kokeln IC, GHL Headers, Hooligan muffler, Modified K27 7200, BL WUR, LC-1 & XD-16, Bilstein Sports (4), TRG sway bars, Oversize torsion bars, Strut brace
Old 08-17-2007, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Did you fix the problem? My car was doing the same thing - bucking violently when coming off of full boost/throttle. Ended up being a torn wastegate diaphragm. It was maintaining the correct boost pressure at WOT, but once I lifted the boost would spike and trip the overboost sensor. A quick way to check: Disconnect the wastegate boost signal line at the intercooler and blow into it. if air passes thru you have a leak.

85 930
Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen B View Post
A quick way to check: Disconnect the wastegate boost signal line at the intercooler and blow into it. if air passes thru you have a leak.
It will often leak trough the valve stem even if diaphragm is sound. Wastegate should be "blown" from venting hole on the top...not on the bottom. When "blown" from the top, there is no other way for air to escape but trough the diaphragm.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: