Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

K Jetronic on 930 cable query

Can anyone tell me if the lead in the picture should be plugged into a sensor , or is it an "extra"? Lead has 2 wires, brown + red with white dots/ stripes, and originates from the the harness in the middle of the engine. The car did have it's air-pump removed when I bought it, so may have been for that, but could be part of the reason for the over fueling when the cars starts, causing it to stall and run rough.

( Where does the thermo time switch sit on the 3 liter turbo motor?)
Old 07-13-2007, 12:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

I can't tell you what it is. I can tell you that my RoW car has it and it is not plugged into anything. I'm curious to know what it's for as well.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 07-13-2007, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

If your turbo is a 1977, it is probably for the thermo valve which I recall seeing attached to the dump valve housing. The thermo valve is located between the throttle body and the distributor. Vacuum lines from the distributor and the throttle body attach to it. The thermo valve remains closed during start up allowing timing advance and a faster idle. It opens in about 15-20 seconds after current supplied by the connector that is in your hand in the photo opens the valve and allows the timing to retard.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

What ever it is, it's long gone on my car...
Old 07-13-2007, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Looks like the electrical plug that used to go to the vacuum solenoid that operated the vacuum controlled air pump diverter valves if that car hd air injection in the exhaust ports.

Or it used to go to a vacuum solenoid being used as a thermo valve as described well by someone in the above reply.

86-89 US cars had both of them.

Thermo time switch is in the driver side chain case cover.

Is that the origonal location for the auxiliary idle air valve on an early 930?
Looks like you would have to remove it to adjust the valves on the passenger side.
They mounted it closer to the throttle body in the 86-89 3.3 litre cars made for north america.

Last edited by JFairman; 07-14-2007 at 01:46 PM..
Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: