Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Engine Lid on my 930 Jammed

Hi there,

Newbie here. Greeting to everyone.

I took my 930s to a detailer today for complete in/out detail. Not sure what happened but afterward, the engine trunk lid on my 87 930s is jammed tight.....(I assume the it was slightly out of alignment). Tried to pull the cable (the black T level) clockwise while a second person wiggled the lid to no avail (thanks to Steven at Imagine Auto for his advice).

Has this happened to anyone and how do you get access to it from the outside? We had the car on the lift to look for access underneath but b/w the exhaust and the turbo, it's TIGHT. Can someone help? Thank you very much in advance.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

is there a lot of resistance, if any at all, when you pulled the cable? does the trunk budge at all when you pull or is nothing happening?

before doing anything drastic, it would be best to try to rule out whether its the latch or cable, etc.

I had the same issue to where I would have to pull the cable and reach back and lift the lid
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 07-13-2007, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Maybe push down on the lid and pull the latch. Once the latch is pulled, pull up on the lid.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
This happens to my lid periodically. The reason (in my case) is the hinges are slightly warped from having heavy shocks on only one side for many years.

This should work if you have a similar alignment problem:
Have someone pull the latch and hold it full open (if no help is available use the handle of a large screwdriver to prop it open) gently push up and down on the lid and then gently push the palms of your hands from side to side. Let up every now and then to see if it pops.

If that doesn't work repeat the above procedure with the cable in the latched position. Gently shake the hood a few times then pull the latch and repeat.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Gents,

Thank you so much. I will try it tonight and revert.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by AngM018
is there a lot of resistance, if any at all, when you pulled the cable? does the trunk budge at all when you pull or is nothing happening?

before doing anything drastic, it would be best to try to rule out whether its the latch or cable, etc.

I had the same issue to where I would have to pull the cable and reach back and lift the lid
There is normal resistance when the cable is pulled and the trunk doesn't budge at all.....I am sure it's not the latch or the cable which appears to be functioning properly.

Thank you so kindly for all your help.

PS: Tried all the suggestions above to no avail....
Old 07-14-2007, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Got it......With a help of a friend and a small giggle and she is as free as a bird. Thanks to all.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Check it out before you close it. Spray some lube on it to keep it working properly. Also, make sure the latching mechanism is aligned and tightened.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I don"t know about (930s) but on 964s you can remove left tail lite and there is a emergency release cable that you can pull.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: