Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 full wing Intercooler - stock manifold - Blown Six

I can't keep it in...
I picked up on of the Blown Six full wing 930/965 intercoolers and had to show it off. (A steal at less than $1800) I'm still working on fabbing varios parts for the exhaust / intake, but I thought I would post a progress report.

I'm going to keep the rest under wraps until it is completely finished - by me of course.

Last edited by E-man930; 07-21-2007 at 08:54 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Looks good. Why did you go with a full-bay IC for CIS? Are you planning on upgrading to EFI?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Cool

Yup
I'm still researching the best EFI route for me so in the meantime I'm freshening up the motor keeping the CIS. I want to drive this thing again. I'm going to copy Brian Leask 's setup and only have the WUR - no decel or AAV. I'm trying to spend money on parts that will stay later when I convert to EFI.

Thanks for asking Don...

E-man
Old 07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

nice looking car... How do you like the sound of the exhaust setup that you have??
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 07-13-2007, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Well I'm still building it. If you look closely in the pictures you can see blue painters tape covering the exit of the turbine...
I have to finish the exhaust exit on the passenger side and the wastegate is going to exit on the driver's side yet still look just like a dual setup. I'll get some more pics up here once I'm done. I hurt my back this week so I have to put the car on hold until next weekend. (Also need to fab mounting brakets for the intercooler and turbo intake pipe and turbo to intercooler pipe.)
Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

I have some 3" AL tubing and pieces of 3" silicone tube that might help with the turbo to IC plumbing. Let me know.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I am trying to get a "short" intercooler from blownsix. Ordered and paid for the part back in May....was told by "Michael" at B6 that the part would ship in 2 weeks....and since told twice the part had shipped only to find it had not. Any one out there had any problems with Blown6? They will not call you back or respond to emails. Usually when you hear lies.....Financial problems?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Do a search, lots of -ve comments...
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 07-17-2007, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Hey Don,
Thanks for the kind gesture, I already have all of the parts I need for the turbo to intercooler pipe... clamps and all. I will say that making the intake pipe for the turbo does seem a little daunting. I may ask for some pointers to get me on the right track. I'm using a 90 degree silicone coupler on the turbo and it has a 12" leg going up past the tin. I thought this meathod would be easier than using a straight silicone coupler on the turbo and fabricating a "J' pipe like the factory did... I know it will be a lot easier to disassemble this way. (I have yet to cut the leg to the right length to make this work)

Your thoughts?

I'll post some pics later tonight sans tin so you can see where I'm at. I want to make pipe that is 2.75" in diameter right @ where it will connect to the silicone intake elbow and then immediately have the diameter transition to 3.25 (if I can find aluminum pipe in this diameter) or 3.5" and then have a silicone coupler or reducer connect where normally the rubber boot would go to the CIS end of things...

I may scan some drawings of my intended design if I have time...

For those folks who are leary of Blown Six I can only share my personal experience and I can report that I'm extremely happy with their products and service. Michael has gone out of his way to make sure my new intercooler was shipped promplty and had zero damage once it was delivered. Everyone knows there are two sides to every story but looking at post count and join date it kinda makes you go "hmmmmmmm..."

Last edited by E-man930; 07-17-2007 at 05:28 PM..
Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

blownsix intercooler

Hey, I may be a "virgin" to your site....but I have never had a problem like this before. Never had to complain. Owned a 911T, two 911 SC's, a new 997and now a great 87 turbo. Ordered a whole lot of parts over the years. You are welcome to follow up with my frustrated mechanic who has had my car dismantled and hogging rack space in his shop for 2 months. He gave up on Michael.....I had to take over.
I always give someone a chance to tell me the truth
Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Coincidentally, I called this morning, Michael answered after 2 rings.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Amazing. You must have his direct or cell. I had the opposite luck... always straight to voicemail.
I am glad to hear you had a good experience.
Maybe Michael is reading this.....
Old 07-18-2007, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I just called the number off the website. For the record, my only expereince with B6 was that call to inquire about pricing.

However, back to E-man930's thread....as a result of my call, B6 sent me a few bigger pics of the same model IC and the same one of E-man's car, which I will add here since the above are a little small for my eyes.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

E-Man930 - I need to get miles on my motor. If you have time this weekend, I'd like to see your project. Drop me an email at 930turbodon@bellsouth.net
Old 07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Don that would be awesome but I'm locking myself in my house all weekend to study for my series 6 securities exam this Monday...

How about next weekend?

Here are the pictures I took earlier this week.
I would love input on making the pipe clear such a tight space...

Last edited by E-man930; 07-19-2007 at 07:14 PM..
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Good luck - did my 7 and 66 late last year. Now its on to the CFP - I'm at Merrill.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

turbeau,
I didn't mean to discredit your post.
Have you emailed Michael? That is the only way I use to reach him... I tried calling as well and no luck.

Don,
Thanks, I should be fine. I need to hurry up and pass my 6/63/VP this month so I can get back to my car.

Last edited by E-man930; 07-20-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Quote:
Originally posted by turbeau
Amazing. You must have his direct or cell. I had the opposite luck... always straight to voicemail.
I am glad to hear you had a good experience.
Maybe Michael is reading this.....
I ordered my 930 half-bay intercooler from Blownsix back in May, as well. I received it from Michael this past Friday. It was a lesson in patience, but in the end he delivered. Sometimes it took a couple of days, but he always answered my Emails. That's all that I can relate thus far. I'll report back and repost, once installed.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
I received my full-bay Carrera intake IC from B6 two weeks ago. I too experienced a long wait time, but did get periodic emails from Michael, and I'm very pleased with the look of the product. I understand other people's frustrations with wait time and fit, but I truely think this is a result of a new business getting started and overload in orders. I'll post pics once installed.

David
1986 911 Turbo
Old 07-23-2007, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Blownsix IC

FYI - I just had a very good friend order one of their intercoolers, they held his money for 56 days while they gave him all kinds of crap for excuses, then when he finally got it, required extensive mods to fit, and the workmanship was very poor, said it looked Chinese. I'll get some pictures up and more details of the mods to make it fit.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: