Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost Freak

Garage
Question Polarity question on the MSD magnetic hookup ...

I installed a MSD 6A and the car started right up, except my idle is much to high. I checked for vacuum leaks but everything seems in order.

The MSD manual said to connect the Purple MSD wire to the Green distributor wire center, and the Green MSD wire to the dist shield.

Someone on another forum who has worked on Porsches a long time said the MSD instructions are not accurate and it should be the Green MSD wire to the Green dist. center and the Purple MSD wire to the dist. shield.

You would think that MSD would know their own product, but considering the high idle, something isn't right. Does anyone know the proper color code / phase. I can reverse them and try, but I don't want to damage the unit.

Last edited by Maxx1; 07-17-2007 at 03:05 AM..
Old 07-16-2007, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Angry

Just for anyone's information, some cat over on Rennlist helped me out.

The MSD instructions are totally backwards. The Purple MSD mag wire goes to the shield instead of the center conductor. The Green goes to the green center conductor instead of the shield.

The car will run, but out of phase like that will give you a 2,000 rpm idle.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: