Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

RarlyL8 Muffler Installed in Canada EH!

Just thought I would share my impressions of the new bling!

Fit and finish - A+
Sound - A+
Having extra room for hands and tools - priceless!

Thanks Brian,

The best part is dealing with someone who is an enthusiast, and who actually gives a damn about customer service! I appreciate it very much, and love the product.

Cheers,

Mark

Pardon the dust, she is currenly in the bodyshop having a little stone-chip-ectomy.
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Porsche Crest Attach Sound Clip!

Congratulations Mark!

I will also be a proud owner soon.

I would sure like to hear what they sound like.

And, I appreciate the design.

Thanks for the pics...

Paul
Old 07-17-2007, 10:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Thumbs up

That looks great. I'd love to hear it in person.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Thanks for the post Mark, I'm glad you like it!
Sound recordings don't do justice to the experience. The idle is muscle-car like, cruising is very pleasant with only a turbo whistle, boost is wicked!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

System looks great. Is it at the end of a stock system, or if not, what headers are you running ?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

No headers.....

Brian, the sound is great, and turbo spool is amazing....very entertaining indeed!

Bully, I have not taken the plunge yet for headers. My car is a ROW car with stock manifold. Running a K27 7200 turbo, Tial WG with .9 bar spring and a straight pipe off of it. I have a B&B half bay IC too.
I am very happy with the performance of the car, and may consider headers if I can pick up a good set with heat in the future....
Right now I have been working on sorting the car more than upgrading too much.
I have the Elephant finned lines, widemouth cooler and high speed fan to install when it gets home from paint.....the car currently has stock lines, and the brass row cooler, and it is just not cutting it on hot days if I get stuck in traffic, I saw 250 degrees twice, and want the upgraded cooler and fan asap. So I decided to spend some cash there, before making her any quicker....because quicker likely means hotter.

Cheers,

Mark
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

cycling has-been

where's the drip tank?

tip section looks especially smooooooth!

Bill K
Old 07-18-2007, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Drip tank....

....is stock, and is there, just happens to be blocked by the angle of the photo, by the exhaust pipe.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
cycling has-been

cool, thanks
I've seen some applications where the drip tank is replaced by a direct line to a pressurized connection in the manifold or through the valve cover somewhere.
Bill K
Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I just installed a zork pipe from Brian. I was nervous driving through the city because it is so loud at stoplights, but once I got back to the country it had just the right attitude to set off my car.

My wife and I took the regular route around our backroads and saw another red 911 and a red corvette stingray hotrod which was pretty wild looking.

The zork is pretty wild and I like the fact that it fits right without any adjustment flanges hanging off it.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
You'll not be missed driving with the Zork. The sounds that come out of that thing will make anyone driving anything think twice before messin' with you. With the open header idle, the turbo whizz, and the flames and cackling on decel your car becomes an entertainment center! You might want to mount a windshield wiper on the inside , ha!

Mark - install a carrera radiator with a fan and never worry about traffic again.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I can't wait to hear it. I have to emphasize Mark's comments about 'great customer service'. Since I've known him, he's encountered far too many issues with Porsche vendor's/suppliers who are just out to make a buck. Mark loves his car as many of us do, so I can only say that he truly means what he is saying about Brian.

Congrats on the product, looks great.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 07-21-2007, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

You will definitely see and hear it.....

next Saturday Mark! I will be attending Sherway for sure!

Brian, thanks for the tip. I ordered the finned lines from Elephant, and the widemouth Carrera cooler with the high speed fan......should have no issues after that!

Mark
Old 07-21-2007, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by DDDD
I just installed a zork pipe from Brian. I was nervous driving through the city because it is so loud at stoplights, but once I got back to the country it had just the right attitude to set off my car.
Can you post the sound on youtube, I'm thinking about pulling my muffler and doing a 180 out of the turbo to exit in stock location. I am running a muffler system the same as rarly's, been on for about a year now and while I like the sound, loud is good! But too loud is not good
Old 07-21-2007, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
That look just great. Where did you get the carbonfibre "reflector".
Old 07-22-2007, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Bought the CF reflector panel off of this...

board....

Do a search for Thom Fitzpatrick. He made them out of CF last winter.....he may have some left.

Dewolf, posting to Youtube is beyond my skill level at the moment....I should get the car back on Thursday this week, and if anyone I know can pull it off for me, I will do it......

Mark

Last edited by Nape75'911T; 07-24-2007 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: adding information
Old 07-24-2007, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

My zork sounds exactly like the one in the Fabspeed website under 930 exhausts. But you can buy it from Brian and get a better price.

Dewolf, I thought you didn't like having a straight pipe and went to a muffler? I am thinking it would be the same experience, unless the extra length of pipe made yours really loud by echoing more or something.

The zork is powerful sounding, but it is not the volume that would draw suspicion, it is the fact that you hear every backfire. This is what I worry about when I put it in neutral to pass cops.

I love my zork and I drove the car literally ten minutes today just to get a zork fix.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
My muffler "cackles" very loudly on decel. EASY FIX - push in the clutch, ha!

Seriously, when you push in the clutch the sound immediately goes to zero then rebounds to idle levels.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
Dewolf, I thought you didn't like having a straight pipe and went to a muffler? I am thinking it would be the same experience, unless the extra length of pipe made yours really loud by echoing more or something.
LOL, mate it is REALLY loud. I loved it, but the wife didn't like driving it like that. To be honest I thought that it was a bit too loud as well, but I heard one on the track recently and thought it sounded freakin' brilliant. Mind you it was a full blown race car, so I doubt mine would be as loud. It's amazing how quickly we forget things like that. I'm very used to the sound it makes now. Friends say it's very loud at WOT, so I guess a bit louder ain't gunna hurt. Wife will just have to live with it. She didn't want to get the kids from school in it, lol, of course my boys think it rocks.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: