Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
New BLING for your 930 STING

Just got a Zork back from the polish shop. The result is spectacular! If you want more BLING with your STING this'll do it!
For a nice finishing touch you can add a full wrap valance.
I will update pricing on the website to reflect a nice introductory rate.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Stock valance next to a full wrap:

Old 07-21-2007, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Zorks make your car badass. They are not for the weak of heart, but if you want the meanest sounding car around and don't mind putting your car in neutral when you pass a cop, this pipe is the best.

It will add a level of intensity to your car that people like me want but it ain't for everybody.

I weighed Brian's zork at 2 pounds when I installed it. That saves a lot of weight over any normal muffler system. It looks cool sticking out the back.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Holy Zorks Batman!!!!

THAT looks cool!
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

you need to make the zork come out through the middle of the back valence. instead of under it. would look a lot better and there would not be as much chance of dragging it pulling in and ot of driveways. Just my .02 look at the back of a boxter as compared to this thing just dangling out the back. that would take full advantage of the wrap around valence. which looks awsome by the way.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 07-22-2007, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Thumbs up Re: New BLING for your 930 STING

Quote:
Originally posted by RarlyL8
Just got a Zork back from the polish shop. The result is spectacular! If you want more BLING with your STING this'll do it!
For a nice finishing touch you can add a full wrap valance.
I will update pricing on the website to reflect a nice introductory rate.

Wow! That looks great!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

Looks, AMAZING!!! FWIW, I still have my Borla XR-1 off and have been running the zork on my daily driver! My experience thus far has been that these engines are VERY sensitive to muffler/exhaust products!!! I've found that an open pipe (zork) "Rocks the Cheri Squishi" (said in your best Indian/Hindu Simpsons Abu accent).

I just can't bare the thought of leaving any spool/HP on the table, so I might have to live with this gloriously obnoxios sound!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 07-23-2007 at 04:10 AM..
Old 07-23-2007, 04:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Thanks all, I'm very pleased with the way the valance and polish turned out. Can you believe the paint on that valance came out of a nearly empty 10 year old can? Unreal.

Ken - the Zork would look better tucked up under the license plate BUT many folks only use them when they are on the track or for a short weekend "terrorize the neighborhood ride" as I call it. Those folks don't want to modify their valance. So, in a nutshell, the demographic is too small at this time to offer that product. Should interest peak I will respond.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by RarlyL8
Thanks all, I'm very pleased with the way the valance and polish turned out. Can you believe the paint on that valance came out of a nearly empty 10 year old can? Unreal.

Ken - the Zork would look better tucked up under the license plate BUT many folks only use them when they are on the track or for a short weekend "terrorize the neighborhood ride" as I call it. Those folks don't want to modify their valance. So, in a nutshell, the demographic is too small at this time to offer that product. Should interest peak I will respond.
Yes I figured that but since you have to pull the bumper to get the muffler off any ways, seems like it would only take a couple of minutes to swap the valence. i had mine off a couple weeks back to change mufflers and pulling the valence and reinstalling it to modify it for a dual out muffler, took all of about 5 minutes. theres another part that would go over real well. A drivers side rear fender skirt with the angled end to match the stock one on the drivers side for dual outlet mufflers.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 07-23-2007, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I have a car that is about a 1/4 inch below Euro height, and my zork is no where near being in danger of dragging anything as far as I can tell. I also think it looks to be perfect, it is tucked as tight as possible and one guy says it touches his valance, so it is pretty much right there. I don't think it needs to be higher or it will simply become part of the license plate instead of standing out on it's own as a thing of beauty and beast.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Brian and people with Zork experience,

How much do they help horse power wise? I think the no cut-out valance is a really good Idea. Who makes that? The only one I've seen had the cut-out on the driver side for the stock exhaust. How much $ is the plain valance (no cut outs)?

Looks great Brian.

Again is the HP improvement worth the pissed neighbors?

Bob
Old 07-24-2007, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I reckon two outlets either side of the licence plate with cutouts in the valance would look kick ass
Old 07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_snyder View Post
Brian and people with Zork experience,

How much do they help horse power wise? I think the no cut-out valance is a really good Idea. Who makes that? The only one I've seen had the cut-out on the driver side for the stock exhaust. How much $ is the plain valance (no cut outs)?

Looks great Brian.

Again is the HP improvement worth the pissed neighbors?

Bob
The zork will gain at least around 12 hp, and it will make sure that there is no back pressure on your turbo, which causes your turbo to spool better. Also, it eliminates all the heat build normally caught by your muffler system directly into the atmosphere. You want the muffler side of the turbo to be cool so as to draw airflow from your headers, which is the hot side of the turbo.

And it weighs under 2 pounds.

I have an interesting theory on neighbors......I pay way too many taxes so they can send their kids to school. I have to swerve to avoid their Ford trucks with five foot tall tires, and all their teenage kids driving ratty Mustangs and smashing mailboxes. Or their great great grandparents driving 3 miles per hour to church.

So screw my neighbors, I am running a zork. If the worst thing I do in life to escape the rat race is drive a loud Porsche, they better not complain.

But believe me when I say a zork is loud. The noise level is okay, but it backfires off throttle so it is obvious you are running no muffler. I wouldn't get one if you live near a town center.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The valances are listed on my website. I purchase the raw fiberglass valances and then fit them to my "mule bumper". This is done using a heat gun and turning the bolts slowly until it is tight to the bumper. The reason for it is that the valances come out flat from the mold, bumpers aren't flat.

(I have a picture but don't know how to post on this new format)
Old 07-24-2007, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The valances are listed on my website. I purchase the raw fiberglass valances and then fit them to my "mule bumper". This is done using a heat gun and turning the bolts slowly until it is tight to the bumper. The reason for it is that the valances come out flat from the mold, bumpers aren't flat.

oh ok so it's fiber glass not steel. I thought you were getting them stamped out someplace.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewolf View Post
I reckon two outlets either side of the licence plate with cutouts in the valance would look kick ass

That would !! Maybe I'll photoshop it and see !
Old 07-25-2007, 02:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post

Try this... go to: http://www.tinypic.com/

Browse to your pic, click 'upload' then copy the [IMG]your pic here[/IMG]

and paste it here >

Old 07-25-2007, 02:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
The zork will gain at least around 12 hp.
Out of curiousity... what are you basing that comment on?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I think the 12HP figure generally comes from dyno runs of stock mufflers vs free flowing mufflers. That is about the same figure I am getting for my new muffler vs the stock Euro. The zork is optimum for free flow so should do at least that good.

The big increase is not measured in the numbers. It comes from the engine being more free revving and more crisp on boost. The engine reponds better in every way when not stopped up by a muffler. That characteristic was my aim in the design of the new muffler as well. It comes close without all the noise.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Brian, DDDD,

Is it much louder than the fabspeed muffler that I'm running now? It's a straight through cres pipe that you could roll a tennis ball through with baffles around the outside. My car pops on downships and is a little annoying to me because it gathers attention. I've heard Zorks at the POC races at California Speedway and they didnt seem exceedingly loud. What I mean by loud, is a Harley with those long chrome pipes with no baffles that are so loud they will wake you from a nap a mile away. Know which ones I'm talking about?

Bob
Old 07-25-2007, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: