Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

John, I will be doing my best to take pictures and notes on my build. This weekend I will be taking everything apart and inspecting to make sure there is no major damage. I guess its important to keep the the piston/rod/ cylinder sets labled so they go back in the same spots right? Then agin if I get the cylinders recoated and honed i dont think it would matter.

Mike
Old 05-29-2008, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

JB Racing would be a "no brainer"! Excellent shop. Mike Bruns, I think is his name?

I saw your pictures over on Rennlist. Are you planning to split the case? Or is this a top-end thing only? Seeing the engine partially disassembled by the previous owner, on a car with the manual boost controller in the cockpit, that is new to you and you were never able to drive???? I dunno, I'd be tempted to tear it all the way down. I'd hate to have any surprises...

ARP rod bolts are another nice thing to have. The rods can be removed and installed without splitting the case, but you'd have to resort to the "torque method" for intstallation. Many prefer to use a stretch gauge on the rod bolts, and that requires the crank and rods to be out of the case...that's how Neil did mine. Fully finned cylinders are nice too. It's all coming back to me...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngM018 View Post
Give me a couple days to find everything I have. I just started a new job, and I have been working 12+ hour days. I think I may have most, if not all, on-line somewhere. If I have enough to require a burned copy, I'll just send you one free of charge. Maybe we can get a pic thread going on here so other pelicans can fill the gaps that I have missed.
Here are some links to my build...not sure if the pics are still working:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=279935
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=243449
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=255567
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-30-2008, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Thanks for the links. Its nice to see some pictures of build to inspire me. LOL

The engine will be torn all the way down. If everything checks out OK I will just re-bearing the bottom end and do a complete top end rebuild. I want to get a rebuild kit like the one you picked up with ARP hardware. What did that rebuild kit cost you? Also what did the headwork cost?

Mike
Old 05-30-2008, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

The rebuild kit which included all of the gaskets, o-rings, bearings, hardware (not the ARP stuff), chains, chain ramps, oil return tubes, some sealants, etc. came from Imagine Auto. As for price, it is best to contact them directly as it's been a while. I think EBS, can also put a kit like that togther. The ARP head studs and rod bolts also came from Imagine.

There was a user named Im4duke selling a new set of ARP headstuds recently.

As for what the head costs, I'd have to look through my file.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: