Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ze old schule diverter is zer guht! Rebuildable, big and effective! Holds forever, if you change gaskets now and then. Plastic BOSCH stuff is wear item...
Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Me like track days

That's really good advice -
Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Speak to me!

Beepbeep,

You know your Deutchglish accent is a turn on! I love it when you talk to like that
"Plastic BOSCH stuff is wear item"...In pigglish this means: This item is susceptible to wear?

Soooooo! Ze Porsche un Clack Clack mit schnell gasolinenzy

Das wear items in ze clunkin BOV valvesky needen to beinzy replaced...Yah?

Answer the Phuquing question!

Auctung

Robert Wolfgang Schneider
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Follow ze frigging länk I gave dich! You must replacüng ze dichtung!

Changing 930 dump-gaskets, pictures galore
Old 08-17-2007, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Beepbeep?

OK I will replace the dichtung.

German is odd, how do you get "dich"=you/"dichtung"=seal....WTF? I thought at first you were trying to call me an expletive.... Is was afraid to look up "tung" on Babelfish to translate...

I'm thinking what the hell is he calling me now?

Anyway- have a good weekend!

It was fun!

Bob
Old 08-17-2007, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Me like track days

Those stock 930 bays sure are crowded
Old 08-17-2007, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieboy View Post
Bob, I have the original K27HF from Kevin, not the latest "S" variants. And I'm using GHL; changing to B&B though.

Going from memory, when I was running CIS, I start to see boost around 2400rpm & full boost around 32-3400 mark.
With CIS, GHL and a K27/HF (not 'S'), my car indicated .5 bar on the VDO @ 2500 RPM, which the dyno operator thought was "pretty useful".

In Real Life, I like the 915 to be spinning a bit quicker before I mash down hard on the gas pedal so I usually don't have enough load for that much boost that low...
Old 08-19-2007, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Spuggy,

I get and .2 blip and some boost at 2500 also. It depends where you started giving it some gas in the RPM cycle. If I goose it at 2000 rpms its seems that I will get full boost by 3000. I will play wth it today and see if its not too hot. I have been reluctant to peg the throttle because its very warm her in So-Cal. Typical August..100 yesterday...today?

Thanks
Bob
Old 08-19-2007, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_snyder View Post
Spuggy,

I get and .2 blip and some boost at 2500 also. It depends where you started giving it some gas in the RPM cycle. If I goose it at 2000 rpms its seems that I will get full boost by 3000. I will play wth it today and see if its not too hot. I have been reluctant to peg the throttle because its very warm her in So-Cal. Typical August..100 yesterday...today?

Thanks
Bob
Oh, you Californians, always unhappy about the weather. You're as bad as the bloody Brits It's nice and cool in Blighty today - unfortunately the roads are somewhat moist, and the air has lots of stuff that won't burn in it.

If I got it on the floor as soon as I shifted into 2nd, it'd make boost pretty soon. Although the stock 930 once got the car quite out of shape when I just floored it in 2nd so I tend to be careful about doing that - and especially so, considering that 2nd is the weakest gear in the 915.

If you convert to a C2-style diverter setup, don't even think about the plastic Bosch valve. I held the one that came with my Kokeln in my hand for about 3 minutes. Then I went straight into the house and bought a Forge billet replacement on Ebay... Twice the size, strippable, rebuildable. New, it's twice the price of the nasty disposable valve. No-brainer.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Robert, what did you use for piping from turbo to intercooler?
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
Oh, you Californians, always unhappy about the weather. You're as bad as the bloody Brits It's nice and cool in Blighty today - unfortunately the roads are somewhat moist, and the air has lots of stuff that won't burn in it.

If I got it on the floor as soon as I shifted into 2nd, it'd make boost pretty soon. Although the stock 930 once got the car quite out of shape when I just floored it in 2nd so I tend to be careful about doing that - and especially so, considering that 2nd is the weakest gear in the 915.

If you convert to a C2-style diverter setup, don't even think about the plastic Bosch valve. I held the one that came with my Kokeln in my hand for about 3 minutes. Then I went straight into the house and bought a Forge billet replacement on Ebay... Twice the size, strippable, rebuildable. New, it's twice the price of the nasty disposable valve. No-brainer.
You beat me to the punch line!

Get a modern valve. Case closed.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
I installed the adapter that came with the turbo and mated it with the casted intake pipe that is stock and fitted between the two (Turbo and IC). The installation was as simple as a direct IC exchange, nothing more. The fitment was good accept for a little issue that requires an trim on the IC mount. The K-27 needed a chamfer on the outlet to properly slide on the adapter. Thats what I did and smoothed and faired some casting anomolies to eliminate vacuum/pressure leaks at the O-ring interfaces.

The car runs well and needs the seals in the BOV replaced to get max boost. Kind of asking for WG spring pressure mod changes, but it has to be done to be right. ...

hanks

Bob
Old 08-20-2007, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: