Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
resident samsquamch

Hey Brian,

I didn't forget about you! I found the stock oil tank and will snap some comparison pictures tonight and post them.

I've just finished up on my C2 Turbo by-pass-valve mod and some wiring clean-up work...so I just didn't have a chance to get to it...too many other things were on my "honey do" list!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-20-2007, 02:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I know what you mean. I was swamped this weekend as well.
Thanks!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I know what you mean. I was swamped this weekend as well.
Thanks!
Sorry for the delay, Brian! Like this?:

I wasn't sure how the factory tank was installed. If the picture is wrong, let me know, and I'll stage another...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Holy crap! What application does that tank fit? Is that tank possibly from an '86-on USA model?
This is getting rediculous. Even so, the only tank I've seen so far that gets in the way of a stock muffler is the B&B. Nice design they have there to insure muffler sales.

Thanks so much for your efforts. I have learned and will adjust my mufflers accordingly to fit every conbobulation we stumble upon.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

My camgrinder has gone awall, and he wont respond to email nor phone calls. so I may not need that tank as soon as I was hoping.

Does it usually take a month to have a scavenge pump drive machined on a cam?
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 08-21-2007, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Holy crap! What application does that tank fit? Is that tank possibly from an '86-on USA model?
This is getting rediculous. Even so, the only tank I've seen so far that gets in the way of a stock muffler is the B&B. Nice design they have there to insure muffler sales.

Thanks so much for your efforts. I have learned and will adjust my mufflers accordingly to fit every conbobulation we stumble upon.
You're welcome. The stock tank that I've pictured, came off of my '87 - US model.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngM018 View Post
My camgrinder has gone awall, and he wont respond to email nor phone calls. so I may not need that tank as soon as I was hoping.

Does it usually take a month to have a scavenge pump drive machined on a cam?
Well the interesting thing about that is that the "drive" is really just two threaded holes on the driver's side cam....on the flywheel end of the cam!!! But being that it was common for Porsche to use this cam to drive other things (not just a turbo scavenge pump) - air pumps, mechanical fuel injection pump, power steering, etc. - on other models (not just the 930), I'm surprised this is such an issue.

FWIW, I bought basic SC cams from Imagine Auto...the drive holes were already there.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I figured that tank was from an '86-on US, I have the other style stock tanks for the pre-'86 engines. That one is actually located in a completely different spot than the B&B and the chrome one you have pictured.

Cam grinding is likely not your issue, it's that the grinder is covered up with other work and hasn't gotten to it yet.

I cut the muffler in question up last night and will add a bend that clears everything. Thank you all so much for your help. Learned a lot.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Hey John (AngM018),

Don't forget that you will still need an oil line (stainless flex hose, like Earl's or Aeroquip or one from GSF) that connects the bottom of the scavenge tank up to the hard oil line from the scavenge pump. I don't want there to be any show stoppers. You *MIGHT* also need an adapter fitting of some sort to join the flex hose to the hard line. Just food for thought...
Old 08-22-2007, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Hey John (AngM018),

Don't forget that you will still need an oil line (stainless flex hose, like Earl's or Aeroquip or one from GSF) that connects the bottom of the scavenge tank up to the hard oil line from the scavenge pump. I don't want there to be any show stoppers. You *MIGHT* also need an adapter fitting of some sort to join the flex hose to the hard line. Just food for thought...
Yeah I have been keeping an eye out for one. I figured I could just run down to one of the hot rod shops in the area and have them make one up for me using AN fittings and steel braided. Thanks for the heads up though!
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Anybody have an oil tank like the one that has been pictured here for sale?
I need that design for another project. MUST have the dog leg inlet.
Thanks!

Old 09-09-2007, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Anybody have an oil tank like the one that has been pictured here for sale?
I need that design for another project. MUST have the dog leg inlet.
Thanks!

Rarly, this looks very similar - if not identical - to the GHL scavenge tank (except that the GHL tank is painted, rather than polished).

I have one which is fractured (completely, it's in two pieces) about 1" down from the mounting flange. Was gonna repair it, but new ones were cheap (and I needed the oil line kit anyway)...

It's yours if you can use it for a pattern.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
You have mail.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Djhep6
Dave - if you're out there, your muffler is ready to ship. Please contact me.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: