Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Need Picture Front Suspension

Hey Guys,
I broke the golden rule and took both sides apart at the same time
Anyway, I am trying to reassemble the front suspension and I can't figure out where the damn spacers go. There are two spacer washers, different sizes, and I can't figure it out. The PET is useless on this one as it does not show anything like what we have.
I need someone to either tell me or to take a pic of their front A-Arm mounting bracket and help me figure out where these spacers go. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!! Here are some pics to explain what I am talking about... ignore the file names, my camera is fighting me jsut as hard as my Dominatrix.

Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 08-23-2007, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I know the washers that you are talking about and they go inside the round cover like piece that covers the end of the "A" arm. The bolts start from below into the front holes only and then as they come through the cover, you place a spacer/washer on them and then insert them into the threaded holes. The two side bolts do not hav spacers. On mine you put the front mounted condenser bracket outside of the round bracket at the fron bolt and then you place the spacer inside the cover and then thread it in.

Last edited by 911rudy; 08-23-2007 at 08:12 PM..
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

So it has two spacers on the front bolt? That is how I re-connected everything last night after I posted, but the outboard attachment point seems to be more recessed and looks like it would benefit from a spacer. I can't wait to get this right and then document it.
Also, it appears that the thicker side of the bushing housing rests directly against the body. Can anyone confirm this?
When I did this on my 914 it was a no-brainer... now all these extra parts are making me tired.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I'm pretty sure there are no spacers between the body and the A arm mounts. They bolt right to the body. I'll try to take some pics while my car is up tonight.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Maybe the spacer does go in the front?

Old 08-25-2007, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Pics would be awesome! I have the mounts mounted flush to the chassis right now. Did some spirited driving this afternoon and the steering feel is outstanding!
Old 08-25-2007, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Number 45 is the big spacer that I was talking about. It goes inside the big round bracket between the car body and the bracket.
It goes over the #44 hole and the bolt goes up through it. The little spacer goes between the bracket and the front fan shroud support arm in the indented area. So you should have two spacers on the front bolt.

Last edited by 911rudy; 09-03-2007 at 10:51 PM..
Old 08-26-2007, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: