Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Shifter Rod Seal.....What a Pain!!

Just changed it out. Had a light leak under there. I just dont like leaks. So I figure since I had the time I changed it. Bought some sharp curved picks from Sears, as well as some small needle nose pliers. Changed it via the access hole on the top of the Trans. I just kept digging at it, thought that I had bent something, so I was trying to bend it back, it was the metal under the seal, which is a Metal seal covered by plastic. Anyways it did not want to move until I bent it, then worked the pliers in, after about 1/2 - 1 hour total, it finally came out. New one went in with a metal washer over it & 2 big socket wrenches for pressure tapped by a hammer. Glad it is done & I didnt have to jack up the car & remove the cross member. It was a B#@$* to get that thing out.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: