Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

May need some help in southern Oregon

As some may recall, I bought a GP white '89 930 this spring from a private party on Roseburg, OR via a broker in Central Point, OR after having it inspected in Roseburg by the car's long time mechanic. Well, I got hosed. The car was not as represented by any of the parties as well evidenced by a previous sale.

Last March, another fella refused to accept the car at the shipping terminal after buying it sight unseen (eBay) and having it shipped to Atlanta. That time, the previous owner agreed to take it back straight away. This time he has several others caught up in the mess and is spreading the blame wider.

Upon its arrival here (Wisconsin), I immediately recognized the same issues, called the previous owner, the broker and the inspector. Nobody wanted to accept any responsibility and all have forced me to get an Oregon attorney. Since getting the atty, some progress has been made (an offer by the car's P.O. to take the car back and refund his net $$ on the purchase price). I've no intention of backing down until I have every dime I spent in this deal (legal fees included) and the car has permanent notation of the issues at hand (obvious previous damage and extensive repainting). There is plenty of responsibility to go around here but there is approx $9K in broker fees, legal fees, shipping, inspection and repir prior to shipping that needs to come my way.....and the legal fees aren't getting any smaller.

My issue is getting an objective representation of the car if I have to ship it to Oregon for trial. Any ideas as to how that might be best handled?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
There are several reputable Porsche shops/gurus in the Portland area. They're a few hours north of Roseburg, though.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: