Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thanks for the reply Craig! The same question was asked on Rennlist and I'll paste my response here from my RL thread:
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnele
Hey Olli is the dyno chart reflecting rear wheel HP or Flywheel, the chart indicates the latter. Great numbers either way and done in great time as well.
I was surprised about that too. I ended up calling Dynapack USA to ask about that. The answer was that provided the total correction factor (tcf on the chart) is one (1), it is the rear-wheel power as "seen" by the Flywheel divided by the ratio shown on the chart, in this case 3.86. (at least that's my best understanding of the confusing explanation). The ratio apparently is the final drive ratio multiplied by the gear ratio of the gear used. For instance with the torque, apparently what the flywheel "sees" as the rear wheel torque using my chart earlier as an example, is a little over 2000 lb-ft, and to translate that to the real number you have to adjust for the ratio.
How's that for a convoluted long answer

The short answer is that it is rear wheel power. Apparently Dynapack removed the word Flywheel in the later versions of the software because it was causing too much confusion."

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 09-17-2007, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
I can assure you it is rear wheel HP, my car made 425 on this dyno as well as 435 on a mustang chassis dyno with eddy current for steady stating. The engine was blown in both instances but now I know it is being done right. Stay posted for numbers! Coming Soon!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Me like track days

WOW. Congratulations!

Have pictures or further descriptions/build data/links?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
....Have pictures or further descriptions/build data/links?
Thanks Craig! Here is the link to my thread:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=343048

Lincoln will no doubt post his results shortly. They should be real good since he has a more complete build than mine. I need to do it in pieces due to financial reasons.

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oms930 View Post
Thanks for the reply Craig! The same question was asked on Rennlist and I'll paste my response here from my RL thread:
"
I was surprised about that too. I ended up calling Dynapack USA to ask about that. The answer was that provided the total correction factor (tcf on the chart) is one (1), it is the rear-wheel power as "seen" by the Flywheel divided by the ratio shown on the chart, in this case 3.86. (at least that's my best understanding of the confusing explanation). The ratio apparently is the final drive ratio multiplied by the gear ratio of the gear used. For instance with the torque, apparently what the flywheel "sees" as the rear wheel torque using my chart earlier as an example, is a little over 2000 lb-ft, and to translate that to the real number you have to adjust for the ratio.
How's that for a convoluted long answer

The short answer is that it is rear wheel power. Apparently Dynapack removed the word Flywheel in the later versions of the software because it was causing too much confusion."
OMG - this is what I love about dyno's - correction factors and convoluted explanations. At least you have a ball-park idea, which is perfectly fine.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: