Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
resident samsquamch

Matched set of CIS fuel injectors

I think the last item I need to round off my CIS injection system is a set of flow matched fuel injectors. When I rebuilt the engine, Neil Harvey of Performance Developments actually cleaned and tested my injectors, while he had my other engine parts for machining. Two of my injectors were bad, and so I purchased two new ones from Imagine Auto. The two new ones were installed in cylinders 2 and 5...my best attempt at balancing things. I'm still not convinced, though, that all are matched...and if I had to guess, the all too critical injectors are probably the weakest link in my system.

Keeping in mind that this is my daily transportation, does anyone have any advice for obtaining a set of matched injectors? A deal in which I bought a set and used mine as a trade-in core when I pulled them. I can't be down for two weeks while I wait for a service.

I know I could buy all new ones, but I'm just not sure I'd get a guarantee that they'd all be flow matched.

Any thoughts on this one...please spare me the "go EFI" comments.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Jeff, I will lend you my set, but they haven't been cleaned or flow matched. They were in fine working order when removed after 39k miles. I will eventually send them off to be cleaned/checked before the rebuild commences...whenever that may be.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I have a set of Euro injectors that I bought brand new and then had them flow checked; they passed spec.
They were never installed. I will sell them to you for less than half what I have in them, $300, or $200 plus your used ones(if Euro).

Old 08-31-2007, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Thanks for the replies guys. At this moment, I like Rarly's offer. To satisfy my own curiousity, are the fuel injectors just "pass/fail" when checked, or is there more to it? Is the flow actually measured?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 09-01-2007 at 03:47 AM..
Old 09-01-2007, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have a gillizon of these things. If you want 6 I will give them to you. When you get them in just send your old ones back in to me so I can get my stock pile back to a gillizon
Old 09-01-2007, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The actual flow volume, cracking pressure, and spray pattern is checked on a bench system. I don't recall the specs off hand. They all passed as they should sense they are new.

I too have a bucket full of used injectors but I don't think that is what you are looking for.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The actual flow volume, cracking pressure, and spray pattern is checked on a bench system. I don't recall the specs off hand. They all passed as they should sense they are new.

I too have a bucket full of used injectors but I don't think that is what you are looking for.
Thanks! And Rarly is correct, what I'm looking for is peace of mind...to know that I've elminated yet another weak link. Although it's doubtful Stephen (Porschephd) would have sent me junk...he knows what I'm looking for, too.

Let me get through this weekend, Rarly, and I'll probably take you up on your offer. I probably just buy them out-right, as mine aren't "Euro".
Old 09-01-2007, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Anyone have an old one that they are willing to sell cheap? I would like to use it to build a test rig so I can test/check the ones that are in my car. I could probably just use a mock up, but it would be nice to have a real one to make sure the rig flow fluid as the Bosch handbook suggests.
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 09-01-2007, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

I sent mine to Marren Fuel Injectors to be matched. They looked through their gazillion injectors and found six that matched. Then they test all of them and sent them back. I do not remember the charge.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
RarlyL8,

Do the "euro" injectors flow better than US version? If they do, I may be interested in buying yours should sand_man decide to pass.

Blaine
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica- 428FE
Old 09-02-2007, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The Euro injectors are capable of more flow than the US '86-on. How much more I do not know. Give me a holler mid-week and we'll see where it's at.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The Euro injectors are capable of more flow than the US '86-on. How much more I do not know. Give me a holler mid-week and we'll see where it's at.

So as not to cause any further delays, I'm gonna pass on the injectors. I pulled my spark plugs (all twelve) this weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see them pretty evenly colored and worn. So I think the injectors I have are good enough and working.

I will say that I might regret not buying them just to have on hand...Rarly's offer really can't be beat. These things aren't cheap, but I have other plans for the funds!
Old 09-04-2007, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
No problem. I like having them around as well which is why they are not actively advertised for sale. If someone comes along that needs them they will go.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Brian -

Digging this one up from several months ago... do you still have the Euro injectors? If so I'd be interested in them.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Yep. Sold a set of used ones a few weeks back but still have the new ones.
They have a bit of surface rust from sitting around (as seen in the picture).
Shoot me an e-mail if interested.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: