Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
village idiot

Wink need to get groceries quicker

backround:
sept-06 bought wife 1988 white 930 cab w 36k miles for 40th Bday.
our twin boys just turned 3 on 8.31.07 and i'm tired of being told at 11pm that we don't have any milk. So my thinking is to modify "her" car so i can get go get milk and back in bed in less time. I'm just trying to be efficient. Ok- we're all in agreement so far, right?
So i am in the middle of the following modifications and need help on allocating which modifications to be used on which gift occassion. Death by matrimony aniv 9.15, her Bday 9.27, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New years, Vday, Easter....well you all get the picture. I need help collating gifts & holidays.

Exhaust: RarlyL8 Motorsports-SSI headers w/muffler dual exit and of course Zork tube accessory item, all Hgloss finish,Tial 46 WG
Intercooler: Kokeln polished (its a harley thing-they wouldn't chrome it)
Turbo: K27 HF-s
P&C: 3.4 nikkies w/J& E pistons 8:1 with extra options -ie additional 4 weeks, wrist pins.
from "The PHD-IA": full head work, twin plug, ignition system, cams, fuel head mod, wires etc.
Clutch:-lw KEP with new syncros and what ever else the mechanic said
Shifter: wevo short shift kit
WUR & adj RPM: brian leask
other: engine pad, spring,rocker arms and more misc crapolla that i can't remember, boost guage in place of clock.

looking for advice on Holiday gift giving ideasand of course feel free to express thoughts on some of the mods.

Cheers
Todd
York, PA
ps...is there a softer seat to sleep on other than the sport seats in the car? just in case she sees the bills, i will need to go to plan B at night to sleep.
88 930 cab w/36k miles(ok its the wife's 40th b-day present) She knows the clutch needs replaced. She doesn't know about-3.4L: LN engineering-Nikkies cylinders: 8:1 JE pistons: IA-(fuel head, XDI twin plug ignition, revalved, respringed, reguided & ported n polished heads, matched cam grind): K27HFs: Kokeln IC: Braink Leask-(WUR & RPM switch): H&K-(SSI & dual exhaust): Tial 46mm wg: and lots of parts coated by Calico Coatings.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

"The PHD-IA" sounds like a birthday present

Clutch for Christmas to get ready for switching gears when the year changes and the Wevo obviously for a New Year's special....

Exhaust would be for Halloween, Brian Leask items for Thanksgiving, Turbo for V-day and IC for Easter....

I'd struggle to find a compelling reason for the P&Cs for the wedding day though....

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
If my wife runs out of tampons im on it!
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 09-08-2007, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Shall I wrap these for you? They look like jewelry!

Old 09-08-2007, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Heat? Who needs heat?
14 535i M Sport
Old 09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
village idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ View Post
Heat? Who needs heat?
OK rub it in that you live in paradise and drive on summer High performance tires year round. That's just not right! and yes I'm jealous, but then again do you guys ever get out of 1st gear on "The Island"

btw- HAVE I GOT A DEAL 4 U- high performance snow chains and they're Hawaii DOT approved.
88 930 cab w/36k miles(ok its the wife's 40th b-day present) She knows the clutch needs replaced. She doesn't know about-3.4L: LN engineering-Nikkies cylinders: 8:1 JE pistons: IA-(fuel head, XDI twin plug ignition, revalved, respringed, reguided & ported n polished heads, matched cam grind): K27HFs: Kokeln IC: Braink Leask-(WUR & RPM switch): H&K-(SSI & dual exhaust): Tial 46mm wg: and lots of parts coated by Calico Coatings.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: