Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
I have mine blown apart and heres what I found. rubber center clutch disc nearly ripped in half, throw out bearing getting ready to grenade. Save your stock pressure plate , you can use as a boat anchor.(really stinking heavy) My clutch was chattering real bad ,I probably could of reused the flywheel and saved 300$ but just chucked it in because didnt want to chance it.
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 10-11-2007, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayglass View Post
I am running the Centerforce lightweight pressure plate and disk in my car. I'm quite happy with it. It is smooth on engagement and seems to rev well. It's been in the car since 2004 and the dyno run from about that time shows 340 hp at the wheels.

I have actually been thinking about a light flywheel. Olli, are you returning those parts or looking for a new home for them? Some days I am both brave *and* crazy...

Oops, I just realized that your car is an '89. We may not share common clutch parts. I'll have a look this evening.
Thanks Andy, I think I will keep these parts for now since they came with a 6 speed sequential gearbox that I bought. If I end up selling the sequential, I think the LWFW/Clutch/PP should go with it. I think they are meant for each others and I was trying to get this race stuff to work with a G64/51 with poor results. I now have a dual mass flywheel and a Sachs PP (CLU 88 3082 752) and everything is really good. Could not be happier.

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 10-11-2007, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: