Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Crank pulley

Probably a dumb question however I do not know

Just left the garage where I was having my alternator replaced due to the 16+ volt syndrome. While there mechanic noted the crank pulley had a slight bend near top edge of it. Said shouldnt make a difference, looked like someone bent it in the past probably doing the alternator...

Anyhow do not know if he did or not I really do not care, my question is should it be replaced even with a small outer bend (I am thinking yes) & can it be done with engine in car.

I didnt pay much attention to it when talking to him, thought about it on the way home.

So, Crank pulley (with A/C) 1988 930 can it be done in the car & what is the method of replacement & torque. Basically just need instruction so I know what is involved.

Thanks for the help/tips in advance. I will order from Pelican looks like 930-102-024-03-OEM is the pulley I need. Rather spend extra & have a new one than junk. Also it seems according to the parts blow out no washer is needed- Just the bolt to the pulley...

Regards,
Chris
Old 09-19-2007, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I don't think you can with the engine carrier in the way.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hopefully the belt is running true without deflection. I will have her back Thursday so I will see what it looks like running. I thought from memory she looked tight in there..
Thanks for the reply
Chris
Old 09-19-2007, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

What part of SC are you in? I'm in Mt. Pleasant.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Florence. Just picked her up 2 weeks ago... Incredibly mint 88 930 Guards red/tan. Interior literally looks new. Original paint & no excuses.
Had a 348 just got annoyed at some of the stupid Ferrari prices- sold it & started missing a toy so went with what I thought was the most beautiful example of the 911 out there.

I am really anal about perfection so the pulley may annoy me.. Know any excellent 930 mechanics in our area? I may have the engine pulled to detail it and do all the neccessary while its out work. Need someone who is meticulous & willing to make the 3.3 look as nice as she runs.

Chris
Old 09-19-2007, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

There are a few here in Charleston: Autometrics, Karl Troy's Road and Race on Rivers Ave and one more near Autometrics that I can't think of. Rensport maybe?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I met Karl Troy, he is big with the Ferrari crowd also. Met him at a track event outside Camden last fall. May contact him. Thanks for the help & jarring my memory!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Either of you guys going to the Euro Auto Festival at the BMW Zentrum next month?
Saturday 20 October...

I made it down for that a couple of years ago and its a really good time!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I went to it a few times when I lived in Charlotte, but I probably won't make it from Charelston.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: