Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Boost Freak

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewolf View Post
problem is the car has never had any damage at all, apart from minor stone chips, that are still present. It's the original paint as well, which craps me even more knowing it ain't going to be original now.
Dude, I can totally relate with you. I love originality !! .... it shows a car has been extremely well cared for from day 1.
I've been a car nut all my life and bought a 67 Chevelle off my Grandpa when I was 17... here is a picture of the car 5 years ago still sporting the original 2 tone paint (except the hood). Believe me, it wasn't easy keeping the car out of harms way on a number of occasions.

How many 40 year old cars look that good ? I know where you're coming from.

I don't think a spot repair on your 930 is going to make too much difference as long as it blends seamlessly with the other paint.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Nice car, Maxx.

Sounds like you live in a stressed out town!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
newby

Garage
Dewolf have you put your car up for sale ??

pretty sure it's your's for sale here in oz ..

???
Old 10-02-2007, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Thunder View Post
Dewolf have you put your car up for sale ??

pretty sure it's your's for sale here in oz ..

???
Yep. I know it's nuts, but its not the car I bought once repaired. I looked for two years to find 'the' car I wanted and to me its now lost some of that originality. I can live with exhaust mods etc but I'm a stickler for original bodywork. Hey, each to their own. Regardless though, for someone looking for a VERY well kept 930 it will be an astute investment, especially here in Oz.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimeified View Post
In a hundred years the car and its original paint will be worth nothing to you. So own it to drive it. Who cares about that stuff.
Me
Old 10-02-2007, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
newby

Garage
Fair enough mate, you gotta do what you gotta do !

You going to get another one ?? or are you taking a break from P-Cars ?

It's a damn shame though .. you may feel differently after the repairs are done and you've had some time to think about it.. ..
Old 10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Thunder View Post
Fair enough mate, you gotta do what you gotta do !

You going to get another one ?? or are you taking a break from P-Cars ?

It's a damn shame though .. you may feel differently after the repairs are done and you've had some time to think about it.. ..
I will be 'between' Porsches for a while. My kids are into karting so I'll be putting a considerable amount of time and money into that for the interim.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: