Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
If this ever happens to you... here's what I did.

I was checking my #5 plug as it was light in the past (if you recall) and I had recently changed the injector. (Plug is still lighter than the others)

Anyhow, after I re threaded the plug in, I fiddled for over an hour trying to get the plug wire clipped back on. NO GO. Insert all kinds of colorful adjectives here... Turns out the rubber insert inside the swanky Porsche supplied spark plug removing tool. It took me that long (please refrain from commenting) to finally clue in and look at the tool.. what a revelation I tell you.

Then I realized that , great, I figured it out but I still have to get the rubber out from around the plug..not as easy as it may sound.

SO I put some crazy glue on the tool, re-inserted it and twisting it slightly as I did. I waited a few minutes and then removed it. I had tried without glue and that didn't work initially.

So there you have it. Crazy glue, never leave home without it (and tie-wraps, duct tape, and relays)
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 09-27-2007, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It sounds like you more than made up for your initial misstep with a brilliant solution. I'll keep this one in mind should I have the same problem. Bravo!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

If I got a nickle for every time I had done something less than par, I would be a rich man
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 10-03-2007, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: