Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

964 leaking rainwater

Can anybody help, please, with advice about my problem of a Carrera 4 Coupe (1989) which is leaking significant amounts of rainwater. This is accumulating underneath the rear seats and in the right hand side rear footwell. It is also damp in the sound proofing behind the rear seat backs. Initially I thought this was due to a blocked exit drain from the sunroof but, now they both appear to be working effectively, I am not so sure. I recently took it to my regular garage who said they had applied a hose to it and the seals on the back window and rear quarter windows were o.k. Again, I am not so sure - I wonder whether there is room for the water to somehow run into the car between a perished rear seal into the seat backs (though how it gets to the rear footwell remains even more of mystery to me. Lastly, I could tell myself that the sound proofing within the engine bay (and adjacent to the seat backs) is spongy and damp - I do not see how rainwater can get to this via the engine compartment but does this indicate a faulty rear window seal? Any response would be very helpful as the UK winter approaches and the car remains basically undriveable though inside mist (or ice!)
Old 10-09-2007, 11:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

This may be a long shot, but i had the same problem at one point. mine was caused because the drivers door window seal had seperated and started to fall into the door.

If any of your other window (fixed windows) seals are hard and cracked, then that is probably you culprit.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 10-10-2007, 02:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks John - I suppose the front window seal may explain the water in the rear footwell (possibly the lowest point on the floor?) rather than coming via the rear seats (whcih slope backwards).
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: