Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
935TURBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PARIS & BURGUNDY....FRANCE
Posts: 449
Some of my friends or family drove my other PORSCHEs....but since I have that one, I'm the unique driver.....it's too much powerfull and too mutch fast for people driving "BM trouble U" or Mercedes......they aren't able to appreciate such reactions as this car is able......only for initiates.....

__________________
Serge, Gentleman Driver

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207116408000968&set=gm.1723624077 855805&type=3&theater
Old 01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Macht Schnell
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by WydRyd View Post
Biggest mistake I ever made was letting my sister's boyfriend drive my car. He couldn't handle the clutch or lack of power steering. Since then, he's been bad mouthing my car every chance he gets He's a complete p*ssy and drives a VW Borla! LOL!

Hmmm, I think I need to take him for a spirited drive and teach him a lesson in "Acceleration for Dummies".

Since then, I let no-one drive my car. No-one can really drive it the way I do, especially with this unforgiving SPEC Stage3 clutch! I really need a better solution for street
Hi,
Yeah I hear ya. The 930 can be summed up in one word "Brutal". Brutal steering at low speed, brutal acceleration, Brutal clutch, brutal brakes, brutal transmission, brutal braking force. It sounds like if he wants to drive a "man's" car he should stick to doing it in "Need for Speed'. Tell him if he has problems driving your Porsche, he should be able to handle a computer and a computer steering wheel. That way he can drive 930's just like all the other pencil necked geeks!

A saying of my dad usually when he was referring to a MGTD, MGTC, Sprite, Sunbeam, etc...

Hey that's a Genuine "I like rain in my ear" British Sports Car.

Ghosts from a bygone era...

Les
__________________
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-07-2008, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charlotte NC/San Diego CA
Posts: 3,401
Garage
i own a modded 930 and a lovely euro spec 512 bbi. while the bbi is not as fast as my 930 (not much is) it will give any countach all it wants and then some. the only ct that will out pace a boxer of any year is the qv down draught version...and they are few and far between.

another point i should clarify is that later injected boxers were NOT slower than the earlier versions and this is well chronicled by the magazines as well as dick fritz (amerispec). believe me...i looked at all models of the boxer before buying and would not have picked the bbi had i not had this confirmed by fritz.

now, to those out there bad mouthingbthe ct...get a grip! it remains one of the most important sportscars of the modern era!!! i don't have one yet...but i will!!!


pcb
Old 01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite
 
NathanUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 2,002
Garage
They are some valid points you made Merv.

I hope you laughed at him when he couldn't drive it.
__________________
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Large Member
 
krasuskyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: top of 3rd
Posts: 4,283
Garage
Chiming in late in the game here...

First... wow, I've REALLY enjoyed reading this thread! It's so great to get to read people's pro AND con impressions of cars they've actually either owned or experienced! Cars most of us "normal people" (I'm rather plebian compared to seemingly most here heh heh!) will likely never own. I'm fortunate at least to get to hammer on many things, guess that's better than nothing

Great to hear what an LP400 was like. I've never heard of anyone who's driven one let alone owned one. Great lines! Thanks for sharing.

Back to the "Diablo vs. 930" topic at hand...

My answer? WHO CARES!

I own / like cars for what they are, and what they "do" to me. Not for what they're faster than. Not for what badge is on them. I thoroughly enjoy many cars that will have their arse handed to them 6 ways from Sunday by most of today's modern commuters. But do they make me grin??? You bet.

Heck, just last night I had the 930 out late and some kid in a fartcan'd STi was trying to play with me (I happen to like those too - never own one, too Ricy, but they're a hoooooooooooot and a 1/2 to beat the bag outta, yup!). I'm sure he likely had software and intake mods to match his fartcan, most seem to. Well he wasn't catching me but I wasn't loosing him by all too much, either.

So an STi is nearly as quick as my 930. Again, so what.

I sideways'd an '89 328GTS QV last week WOT, now my 5th notch on me Ferrari model bedpost. I reeeeeeally did not want to like that car, too Magnum PI I always thought. Got out and my impression is forever changed. What a powerband! What a sound! What fun to opposite lock! YEAH! I'm positive my //S8 would snarf it through it's 40 valves and spit it through it's 11:1 compression. Again, SO WHAT!!! I was all grins coming out of that QV. NEAT!

Point is, like what you like - regardless of what's faster.

Paulie <<>> wants some Lambo time. Only sat in a Couny to date, that's gotta change (and also was appalled at the ergonomics, clausterphobia, driving position, etc. etc. etc. but I'm *sure* it's a hoot to hammer!). Anyone local to CT?? Muwhahahahahaha 8-)

Please please gents, keep posts like this coming. Really enjoy the point / counterpoint and learning about things not Porsche. I just like cars!

ps. and just b/c this thread is cool and about old exotics, here's me standing IN the engine bay of a Miura under resto last week heh heh. SCHWING:
__________________
Paul... CT | '87 930 | '08 M3 6gang vert |
past:

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 01-10-2008 at 12:12 PM..
Old 01-10-2008, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Macht Schnell
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Chiming in late in the game here...

First... wow, I've REALLY enjoyed reading this thread! It's so great to get to read people's pro AND con impressions of cars they've actually either owned or experienced! Cars most of us "normal people" (I'm rather plebian compared to seemingly most here heh heh!) will likely never own. I'm fortunate at least to get to hammer on many things, guess that's better than nothing

Great to hear what an LP400 was like. I've never heard of anyone who's driven one let alone owned one. Great lines! Thanks for sharing.

Back to the "Diablo vs. 930" topic at hand...

My answer? WHO CARES!

I own / like cars for what they are, and what they "do" to me. Not for what they're faster than. Not for what badge is on them. I thoroughly enjoy many cars that will have their arse handed to them 6 ways from Sunday by most of today's modern commuters. But do they make me grin??? You bet.

Heck, just last night I had the 930 out late and some kid in a fartcan'd STi was trying to play with me (I happen to like those too - never own one, too Ricy, but they're a hoooooooooooot and a 1/2 to beat the bag outta, yup!). I'm sure he likely had software and intake mods to match his fartcan, most seem to. Well he wasn't catching me but I wasn't loosing him by all too much, either.

So an STi is nearly as quick as my 930. Again, so what.

I sideways'd an '89 328GTS QV last week WOT, now my 5th notch on me Ferrari model bedpost. I reeeeeeally did not want to like that car, too Magnum PI I always thought. Got out and my impression is forever changed. What a powerband! What a sound! What fun to opposite lock! YEAH! I'm positive my //S8 would snarf it through it's 40 valves and spit it through it's 11:1 compression. Again, SO WHAT!!! I was all grins coming out of that QV. NEAT!

Point is, like what you like - regardless of what's faster.

Paulie <<>> wants some Lambo time. Only sat in a Couny to date, that's gotta change (and also was appalled at the ergonomics, clausterphobia, driving position, etc. etc. etc. but I'm *sure* it's a hoot to hammer!). Anyone local to CT?? Muwhahahahahaha 8-)

Please please gents, keep posts like this coming. Really enjoy the point / counterpoint and learning about things not Porsche. I just like cars!

ps. and just b/c this thread is cool and about old exotics, here's me standing IN the engine bay of a Miura under resto last week heh heh. SCHWING:

Pretty steep angle on that V-12! Pretty!

Les
__________________
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-10-2008, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)
 
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the wind...
Posts: 25,992
Actually, it's a 60 degree V-12, which is almost universal among twelves. What is a little out of the ordinary is Lamborghinis have the intake ports between the intake and exhaust cams.

JR
Old 01-10-2008, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Registered
 
930gt-40r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 2,066
Garage
The Italian cars (Ferrari) have a certain soul to them that even the manufacturer of our cars cannot reproduce. My car will slap around a F430 and probley be close to a 599, but at the same time the personality of the Ferrari is very defined and present. Not to say that our cars don't have personality, but the sound of my wastegate is nowhere near as exciting as the sound of a 512 TR with Tubis and straight pipes.

Im local in CT, Im in the New Haven area
__________________
Kris @ Tech9
86' 930/GT-40R Sold
94' Rustang GT daily (long gone)
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Large Member
 
krasuskyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: top of 3rd
Posts: 4,283
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
The Italian cars (Ferrari) have a certain soul to them that even the manufacturer of our cars cannot reproduce. My car will slap around a F430 and probley be close to a 599, but at the same time the personality of the Ferrari is very defined and present. Not to say that our cars don't have personality, but the sound of my wastegate is nowhere near as exciting as the sound of a 512 TR with Tubis and straight pipes.
Eggzactly.

And, I've ohso fortunately BTDT 8-). Boxer 12s through Tubi's *rule*. Miami Vice styling aside, as well as the fact that again my roller cam follower'd 7,200 redlined Alumibish easily gives them a good run.

Who cares!

That sound, man... tough stuff to replicate, describe, go without in life!!! Should can it somehow heh heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Im local in CT, Im in the New Haven area
Orange, eh? Next Gathering of Fools I have @ my place (GoF), I'll def. keep you (and anyone else local enough to be interested) posted. Never know what'll show up... from 914s to 356s to GT2s to STi's and Evo XIIIs to Cosworth Escorts to... well... whatever burns gas!

Electric cars need not apply - about where I draw the line
__________________
Paul... CT | '87 930 | '08 M3 6gang vert |
past:

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-11-2008, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 1,058
Garage
930s are as kool as it gets. Had a Miura, lovely fun to drive, loved the shift gate, very fast for a 67 car. Girls jumped off the curb looking for rides but instead of going out with them on weekends I spent the time changing spark plugs and checking valve adjustments. Two years and 30,000 as a driver the car was dead nuts reliable and cost me a whopping $34.00 for repair parts. Plugs and general maintanence stuff was cheap also. Guys with the Porsches were out with with the girls while I was playing grease monkey. Rust plagued the early 911s equally. Thank goodness I had the car in So. Cal. Acceleration wasn't bad.

A cop on Kawasaki 1000 motorcycle pulled in behind me just after I parked in my driveway and challenged me, "Do you know how fast you were going?"

I replied, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the speedo beacause I didn't want to over rev the engine in first so was really watching the tach. (Almost red lined in first, but and hadn't gotten there yet in second."


The officer admitted, "I tried to clock you, but you were losing me. I just couldn't keep up with you."

After looking over the car and chatting, he let me off with a warning. That was 1976 or 7.

(Location: Hermosa Beach, Ca. PCH. Turned north from Aviation, nailed it from about 20 mph in first smooth shift to 2nd and nailed it again, braked and turned up 17th street and rolled into my driveway. Over 80mph but probably less than 100mph if the truth be known.)

Diverdan
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bayside Wi
Posts: 2,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by javadog View Post
Actually, it's a 60 degree V-12, which is almost universal among twelves. What is a little out of the ordinary is Lamborghinis have the intake ports between the intake and exhaust cams.

JR
I have owned Lambo for close to 20 years. Rumor has it that the Lambo V/12 unusual design is that Honda played a hugh role in its motor development not Bizzerini designed as was reported in the press hype to promote the car at that time. Listen carefully to a early Lambo V 12 & watch the old 60s movie Grand Prix with the Honda powered car they used and realize it was most likely Honda that Mr Lamborghini hired for engine design due to their developement of formula 1 machinery, not anyone affiliated with Ferrari as they had many unpleasant misunderstanding in the emergence and developement of their respective products.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
Macht Schnell
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
I have owned Lambo for close to 20 years. Rumor has it that the Lambo V/12 unusual design is that Honda played a hugh role in its motor development not Bizzerini designed as was reported in the press hype to promote the car at that time. Listen carefully to a early Lambo V 12 & watch the old 60s movie Grand Prix with the Honda powered car they used and realize it was most likely Honda that Mr Lamborghini hired for engine design due to their developement of formula 1 machinery, not anyone affiliated with Ferrari as they had many unpleasant misunderstanding in the emergence and developement of their respective products.
That is the most unusual arrangement of DCOE's I've ever seen. WOW!
__________________
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-02-2008, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)
 
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bayside Wi
Posts: 2,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
That is the most unusual arrangement of DCOE's I've ever seen. WOW!
The rest of My late 1967 Lambo Islero #68 of 20+years. Needed more turbo Porsches than this impressive machine.


Last edited by voitureltd; 04-02-2008 at 07:10 PM..
Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Macht Schnell
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
The reast of My 1967 Lambo islero #68 of 20+years

That's got a sweet looking body on it, kinda like a Lusso.
__________________
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-02-2008, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charlotte NC/San Diego CA
Posts: 3,401
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
930s are as kool as it gets. Had a Miura, lovely fun to drive, loved the shift gate, very fast for a 67 car. Girls jumped off the curb looking for rides but instead of going out with them on weekends I spent the time changing spark plugs and checking valve adjustments. Two years and 30,000 as a driver the car was dead nuts reliable and cost me a whopping $34.00 for repair parts. Plugs and general maintanence stuff was cheap also. Guys with the Porsches were out with with the girls while I was playing grease monkey. Rust plagued the early 911s equally. Thank goodness I had the car in So. Cal. Acceleration wasn't bad.

A cop on Kawasaki 1000 motorcycle pulled in behind me just after I parked in my driveway and challenged me, "Do you know how fast you were going?"

I replied, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the speedo beacause I didn't want to over rev the engine in first so was really watching the tach. (Almost red lined in first, but and hadn't gotten there yet in second."


The officer admitted, "I tried to clock you, but you were losing me. I just couldn't keep up with you."

After looking over the car and chatting, he let me off with a warning. That was 1976 or 7.

(Location: Hermosa Beach, Ca. PCH. Turned north from Aviation, nailed it from about 20 mph in first smooth shift to 2nd and nailed it again, braked and turned up 17th street and rolled into my driveway. Over 80mph but probably less than 100mph if the truth be known.)

Diverdan
a great memory!!! it is amazing how the italians can create such vivid memories! my 512 bbi is similar but ...not a miura!!!!!

best,

pcb
Old 04-02-2008, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charlotte NC/San Diego CA
Posts: 3,401
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
930s are as kool as it gets. Had a Miura, lovely fun to drive, loved the shift gate, very fast for a 67 car. Girls jumped off the curb looking for rides but instead of going out with them on weekends I spent the time changing spark plugs and checking valve adjustments. Two years and 30,000 as a driver the car was dead nuts reliable and cost me a whopping $34.00 for repair parts. Plugs and general maintanence stuff was cheap also. Guys with the Porsches were out with with the girls while I was playing grease monkey. Rust plagued the early 911s equally. Thank goodness I had the car in So. Cal. Acceleration wasn't bad.

A cop on Kawasaki 1000 motorcycle pulled in behind me just after I parked in my driveway and challenged me, "Do you know how fast you were going?"

I replied, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the speedo beacause I didn't want to over rev the engine in first so was really watching the tach. (Almost red lined in first, but and hadn't gotten there yet in second."


The officer admitted, "I tried to clock you, but you were losing me. I just couldn't keep up with you."

After looking over the car and chatting, he let me off with a warning. That was 1976 or 7.

(Location: Hermosa Beach, Ca. PCH. Turned north from Aviation, nailed it from about 20 mph in first smooth shift to 2nd and nailed it again, braked and turned up 17th street and rolled into my driveway. Over 80mph but probably less than 100mph if the truth be known.)

Diverdan
a great memory!!! it is amazing how the italians can create such vivid memories! my 512 bbi is similar but ...not a miura!!!!!

best,

pcb
Old 04-02-2008, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the wind...
Posts: 25,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
I have owned Lambo for close to 20 years. Rumor has it that the Lambo V/12 unusual design is that Honda played a hugh role in its motor development not Bizzerini designed as was reported in the press hype to promote the car at that time. Listen carefully to a early Lambo V 12 & watch the old 60s movie Grand Prix with the Honda powered car they used and realize it was most likely Honda that Mr Lamborghini hired for engine design due to their developement of formula 1 machinery, not anyone affiliated with Ferrari as they had many unpleasant misunderstanding in the emergence and developement of their respective products.
That "rumour" was essentially started by L. J. K. Setright, in an article or editorial he penned for an English car rag many years ago, if my memory is correct. I put zero stock in it. Way too many people have interviewed all of the key players in Lamborghini's history since then and Honda hasn't been seen to have been involved at all.

If you study the movie "Grand Prix" closely, you'll notice that the cars shown are for the most part lesser formula cars, with lot's of fake add-ons to simulate F1 cars of the day.

Honda did build a few interesting GP cars back in those days.

JR
Old 04-03-2008, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
Macht Schnell
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by javadog View Post
That "rumour" was essentially started by L. J. K. Setright, in an article or editorial he penned for an English car rag many years ago, if my memory is correct. I put zero stock in it. Way too many people have interviewed all of the key players in Lamborghini's history since then and Honda hasn't been seen to have been involved at all.

If you study the movie "Grand Prix" closely, you'll notice that the cars shown are for the most part lesser formula cars, with lot's of fake add-ons to simulate F1 cars of the day.

Honda did build a few interesting GP cars back in those days.

JR
My Favorite racing Movie, don't get me started...

__________________
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:19 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2020 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.