Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question 930 boost guage key

looking for key to make proper adjustment on my boost guage, where to find please, any recommendations. thanks

Alex
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I think I have a spare. Sent you a p.m.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

NHS sells them.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
Help out a newbie. Who is NHS?

Thanks,
Doug
Old 11-09-2007, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith View Post
Help out a newbie. Who is NHS?

Thanks,
Doug
North Hollywood Speedometer
http://www.nhspeedometer.com/

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 11-09-2007, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
Thanks. Now I can try to figure out what it's for...
Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The key resets the tattle tail needle back to zero, since the boost needle will push it to the highest value where it will hold.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 11-09-2007, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Doug, some of these guys have big boost guage in place of the clock. The key is use to reset the needle back to 0 bar. They are not talking about the little boost gauge in the bottom of the speedo.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
Thanks look 171, I'm familiar with the gauge as I have one installed in the car I recently purchased. It's just that I had not seen a key before. The tension on my tell-tale hand "clutch" is loose so I don't need a key to turn it back to zero, (and I'll fix that later) but I'd like to find a factory key or a reproduction of a factory key. I emailed North Hollywood Speedometer inquiring as to whether they had them. I got a "read receipt" so I know they got the email, but I never got any response on the key. So I'll keep looking... Doug

Old 11-20-2007, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I had the same problem some time ago. Some one on this site recommended an alum. rivet I made a simple tool with the rivet on one end and a handle on the other. It works perfectly to reset the telltail.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
2369488, I did obtain a suitable key from a fellow Pelican member but I'd like to find a real VDO key for my gauge. I'm kind of a resto guy and enjoy the hunt more than the kill.

Doug
Old 11-20-2007, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Doug, my key looks like a steel tube with a triangle at one end. I live 20 minutes away N. hollywood speedo. I'll stop by one day in s couple of week(my wife's due this coming week with our 2nd baby) if you like. You can just call them. somebody is always there.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
I'll do that. I'll just call them and see. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for as I have never seen an original key.

By the way, congratulations on you new baby. I hope everything goes great. They really are amazing!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith View Post
I'll do that. I'll just call them and see. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for as I have never seen an original key.

By the way, congratulations on you new baby. I hope everything goes great. They really are amazing!
Thanks. It's amazing how they drain your bank so much faster then any 930. Have a great Thanksgiving
Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
thanks guys

Alex
Old 11-24-2007, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: