Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Honors to Jamsal this weekend!

VZ935, this is for you, I wanted to send a private message, but I believe I am not allowed, as this is my first post.

This weekend there will be a honorary race in El Salvador conmemorating Enrique "JAMSAL" Molins.

I have the honor of competing in this race, I am relatively young, and I love recing history, I read JAMSAL's track record and I was amazed that someone in this part of the world was racing, at that level at that time, it's simply amazing.

I love Porsches and the 935 is such an extreme car I have fantacized about it since I can remember.

Well I will try to take pictures and being a pilot I can be close to him and hopefully get some first hand stories of driving a 935 in the same track we are racing. I feel honored to race in the same track as those cars. I was searching for old pictures of the cars at El Jabali, and it gave me chills to be able to recognize the corners.

You own a car that is worshiped and still talked about today, it was something to behold, too bad I was too young when they raced.

Anyhow just wanted to let you know that the past owvner of your car, is being honored for his racing career.

this pictures are from pbase, I hope its ok to post

this is the pony corner, very tricky downhill braking....

coming out of dunlop corner, a decreasing radius double apex corner....

coming from the main straigt into the first corner....

There are more pictures at this link:
http://www.pbase.com/bernds_porsche_935s/kikos_fonseca_935_chassis__930_670_0162

I hope I made myself clear, english is my sencond languague.

Congratulations on owning such a historic and amazing car, I am glad to see and know it is still alive and being used. Take care.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Andynista, I posted your thread over in the 935 picture post thread for Van to see.

More 935 favorite photos
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-13-2007, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks a lot, I know its a bit late, I just got the invitation to the race yesterday.

The race will take place in El Salvador, at El Jabali racetrack on sunday november 18, 2007.

I really thought JAMSAL still owned the car, and I might be able to see and listen to it lap the track, I have never seen a 935 in person, and searching the internet I found you VZ935 as the new owner.

Take care.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Andynista ,

I have been invited to this race at El Jabali this comming weekend. In 1979 the JAMSAL 935 won the only World Endurance Championship race ever held in Central America and Don Whittington clinched this championship driving the JAMSAL 935 . TACA has offered to transport the car and give me air fare for myself and crew. The event promotors have also offered me a nice package to bring the car to El Salvador. Unfortunatley the car is not ready to run as my focus went to another car for Rennsport. I was with Julio Roberto Diaz the editor of Speed in El Salvador over the Rennsport weekend and we also discussed bringing the car to run at El Jabali . I really wish the timming of the event or my circumstances were different. I would have definently have brought the car down. As it stands I should be there for the event so it would be my pleasure to meet you . The people in Central America have been very gracious to me with information, time and encouragement . The photos you have posted were first made public by me and were mostly suppied to me by Kikos Fonseca and Eduardo Barrientos , both great drivers and nice people. Best of luck in your race!!

PS - JAMSAL owned the car until November of 1989 . The car then came back to Florida via AESA and then sat in a garage in Jacksonville Florida with an Ex-IMSA driver until I bought it in 2003 . The car had been in good shape but from sitting all those years had deteriorated badly

Last edited by VZ935; 11-13-2007 at 07:45 PM..
Old 11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Wow, that is the reply I was hoping for, well not being able to see the car is a letdown, but being able to know the people, more than makes up for it.

I am an aspiring race car driver, the effort to be at the races is quite high, but this experiences make it all worth while.

Thanks for your wishes, I am really looking forward to this weekend.

I believe I can recognize you from the picture on your website. You own all the cars I dream about hahhaha.

btw, my car is an EP82 Toyota Starlet GT Turbo.

I won my first race this year, and I won the 100 km race. David vrs Goliath, the little Starlet beat all the GT1's under pouring rain.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: