Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
great ride

Gary,
While watching the video it seems you really have the handling dialed in. What have you done to the suspension and specifically how do you have the sway bars set up. Always an issue for me. Do you have them set stiffer front/softer rear? appreciate your input
Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
I assume you mean this one? http://garyr.blip.tv/file/496498

Torsions are Saunders hollow 34/24, Shocks are custom valved Bilsteins, adjustable sways are Smart Racing F/R (forget size, sorry) set full soft in the rear and mid-stiff up front. All bushings are monoball/polybronze and I believe 3 deg. neg. in front, 2 in rear.

Last edited by GaryR; 01-16-2008 at 02:49 PM..
Old 01-11-2008, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
great ride

Thanks Gary, very similar to my set up but once i went to a full cage the increased stiffness threw off my handling. Went stiffer on fronts and made turn in much better. Still need more track time for fine tuning. Your car looks great and I understand your dilema. good luck on whatever you do.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Jesus Gary I'm running this car across my buddy Mike Ferra. He's a PCA instructor in the area and use to own MacSource Carrera Cup but sold that recently. He's now looking to buy an RS from Dan for PCA(his setups ARE amazing) but maybe just maybe I can spark some interest in him with this. Beside if he get's it that means I get to maintain it for him

That is absolutely one beautiful car. Hope it goes to a good(deserved) new owner.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerSix View Post
Jesus Gary I'm running this car across my buddy Mike Ferra. He's a PCA instructor in the area and use to own MacSource Carrera Cup but sold that recently. He's now looking to buy an RS from Dan for PCA(his setups ARE amazing) but maybe just maybe I can spark some interest in him with this. Beside if he get's it that means I get to maintain it for him

That is absolutely one beautiful car. Hope it goes to a good(deserved) new owner.
Me too Adam, it HAS to stay on the track... I did a 2:14 at WGI after 3 DE sessions, there is a 2:05 in her as she sits, who knows what she is capable of with a .8 bar spring (I only was running .6!).
Old 01-11-2008, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
OK, it is officially ready and up For Sale on Rennlist Classifieds and here on Pelican. Next stop is EBay as she has to go fairly soon...

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/featured/ads.cgi?db=race&website=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=1215&query=retrieval
82 Euro 930 Track / Street

Last edited by GaryR; 01-16-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-15-2008, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Me like track days

Virtually the same suspension setup as my 930.......... 120% track ready, for sure -
Old 01-15-2008, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Gary,
Can you re-post the track session video? the link is dead.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Mckenna View Post
Gary,
Can you re-post the track session video? the link is dead.
Sorry, they changed the format apparently..

http://garyr.blip.tv/file/496498
Old 01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Looks like the Pumpkin is going out West pending a PPI. God help you western DE boys when she gets there!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

SAD> I wish I had the cash to buy that wicked machine!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: