Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
Feeler - Have to sell the Pumpkin

I have come to the conclusion that there is only so much $$ to go around (here) and had to decide between doing the PCA/NASA race car thing 100% or doing it 1/2-ass by running the turbo at DE's with the G car just for racing. It was a great plan but just doesn't work. The 930 has to go... I just really have no idea what I should ask for her. Make no mistake, it's a track car that is street legal (in CT anyway). Here is a quickly compiled build list (from memory) as i'm afraid to even LOOK at my receipts (last one was $11K for the G50 conversion and assorted work!).

1982 930 Euro with new G50
Approx. 65,000 miles
3.3L original Euro motor - checked 300 miles ago by Dan Jacobs and had 2-3% leakdown
B&B Stainless Steel Headers w/heat
K27 7200 Turbo
Tial 38mm Wastegate w/ .6 bar spring
Fabspeed single out Stainless muffler
B&B BIG front oil cooler
Autometer 0-25 PSI liquid filled boost guage

Body was stripped to bare metal, windows out, and painted in single stage PPG Concept enamel, Signal Orange. Not the greatest paint job ever but fine for a track or dual use car.
New GT Racing Fiberglassbumpers front/rear

Recent work by Dan Jacobs LLC -
New 10mm Magnecor wires, New Cap, rotor, plugs, Valve adjustment and complete tune up 200 miles ago
Rebuilt shortened G50 with shortened 2-4 gearset
New clutch
New Hargett 5 Speed shifter

Completed this summer -
Saunders Hollow torsion bars - 33mm rear, 24mm front
Smart Racing adjustable sway bars front/rear
Smart Racing Camber King strut tower brace/shock monoballs
Elephant Racing trailing arm monoballs
Elephant Polybroze bushings front/rear
New Custom Valved Bilsteins

Car was corner balanced and aligned for track use by Dan Jacobs LLC this summer.

Two sets of wheels/tires
2007 CCW 3 piece 18"x11.5" and 18"x9" wheels with Hoosier R6's in 315 and 245 with 6 heat cycles (look new)
2001 Porsche 996 Turbo twists in 11" and 8" with Sumitomo 285 and 245 street tires (new)

2 New Recaro SPG XL seats
2 sets (2005) Deist harnesses
Safety Devices rear roll bar welded in, front section comes with it but not installed (to keep it safer for road use)
Appbiz RS Door panels -new
Appbiz RS Carpet Set -new

Stuff I have ready to install -
Innovate XD-16 A/F guage/recorder (it's installed, just not wired in yet)
Innovate Wide-band Oxygen sensor
Brian Leask Adjustable WUR

All receipts for the build, and i'm sure I am leaving a lot of stuff out.

The car has extraordinary power and handles extremely well. In the right hands it is capable of +/- a 2:05 at Watkins Glen. It is registered and insured in CT and Emissions exempt. For any sustained road use I would realign her it as she is maxxed out for track handling.

Thanks!
Price now set at $35K or BO

Last edited by GaryR; 01-11-2008 at 10:52 AM..
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry - a picture for any that may not have seen her.. and as I got lambasted on Rennlist for not posting a price (even though the whole reason of this was for better qualified people to give ME an idea on pricing) let's say it would be "nice" to get $40K back on the $50K+ I spent this year on her since this spring.

Last edited by GaryR; 11-13-2007 at 08:28 AM..
Old 11-13-2007, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear the 930 is the one going.. what a SWEET machine.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Damn.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 11-13-2007, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Mckenna View Post
Sorry to hear the 930 is the one going.. what a SWEET machine.
Thanks, it's the old "can't have my cake and eat it too"... I just hope it goes to a racer or real track rat, it belongs on the track.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Don't do it!!!!

If you got any parts for sale let me know.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Don't do it!!!!
If you got any parts for sale let me know.
Just one BIG part for now..
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What, the big orange one?
haha

Ill see if I cant convince one of my Corvette buddies to pony up and buy a real car, an orange one.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
There ya go! Someone will get one hell of a track car for about half of what it would cost to have built....
Old 11-15-2007, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Man sell the SC.. KEEP THAT BAD ASS 930!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Man sell the SC.. KEEP THAT BAD ASS 930!
Couldn't have said it better.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
You guys kill me... and obviously must not race (with PCA anyway)!
Old 11-16-2007, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

All I am saying is that one day when the racing is over.. or you don't do it as much.. you'll be left with a SC race car.. and the 930 will be GONE! and you'll wish you had it back hahah
Old 11-16-2007, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
All I am saying is that one day when the racing is over.. or you don't do it as much.. you'll be left with a SC race car.. and the 930 will be GONE! and you'll wish you had it back hahah
By then I will be ready for a Buick...
Looks like the general consensus is I will be "lucky" to get even $35K for her. She has to go regardless...

Last edited by GaryR; 11-16-2007 at 07:21 AM..
Old 11-16-2007, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

hahahah! never!!!

I am going to be the 80 year old fart that stills drives his ( by then ) way OLD 930 Porsche around town. I will die driving a Porsche. and a 930 at that.
I just hate to see drivers like you that really know how to drive and know what they were meant to do give it up ... to some one who may buyit just because it's the right price or whatever.. you get my point right? It's one of the best looking 930's around.. there are not too many hardcore 930 owners out there. you ZLP, Ed Bighi, Craig 930 RS are and my brother in law are the only ones I know that have rip ass sweet lightweight mean as hell fire spitting.. I could go on and On.. but I won't you know where I am comming from..most other 930 drivers own show cars, they don't have raw mean ass 930's. they are RARE!
Don't sell it!
I REALLY wish I had 40K I'd buy it in a heart beat..
Old 11-16-2007, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Sorry Gary... I didn't mean to go off there hahah
Old 11-16-2007, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Sorry Gary... I didn't mean to go off there hahah
No prob Rory, I appreciate your sentiment. I really doubt that whoever gets the Pumpkin will be a "Garage Queen" kinda guy, it just isn't that kind of car. She is a DE/Race car with a license plate, about 3 degrees neg. camber up front, stiff as a bastige with the best sway bars and track suspension available without going to coil-overs.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
If you have the time and the patients and she looks half as good in person, I think $40k might be reached in the spring when people are looking. I'm sure that I'll have more than that in my project before she's done and only hope it to look as cool.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukesportsman View Post
If you have the time and the patients and she looks half as good in person, I think $40k might be reached in the spring when people are looking. I'm sure that I'll have more than that in my project before she's done and only hope it to look as cool.
Thanks Luke. I need to get about $35K for her and someone that is looking for a super track car will be getting the deal of a lifetime. You have to drive a car that was set up by Dan Jacobs LLC (Hairy Dog Garage) to believe it. His cars dominate just about every PCA race class on the east coast!

Just uploaded a short video of her maiden run at Watkins Glen after the G50/Hargett install..

http://blip.tv/file/get/GaryR-82Porsche930WatkinsGlen1007372.mp4

Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
She's back to running perfect and has her new RS carpets in.. Just a couple more touch ups, a good detailing, and she will officially be up for sale..
Old 01-11-2008, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: