Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Zork tube sounds

This is how it sounds w/ the Zork and the windows and sunroof closed. Just a relaxed cruise on some cold tires and roads.

I just played around with diff. RPMs and gears seeing how it flutters and barks. Not too loud..I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erxu8Pp1SyM
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 11-17-2007, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
Very nice. I only wish you had an opportunity to make a spirited pass around that gold sedan at the end....
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hello,

unfortunatly zork style is no option for germany,
to noisy, the police will stop you on first chance.

But something else,
is that your xd16 in clock position?
Truly it looks a little nervous.
Can you post a pic of the gauge in clock position please?

Falk
Old 11-17-2007, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have a ZORK tube....with an amazing sound...as follow.....

http://fr.youtube.com/user/935TURBO

but, I agree, it's a little bit too much....specially when you cut the gas and....put put put.....too noisy for crossing towns....and anyway....forbiden...
So, I decided to manage this.....

http://www.911net-club.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=61220&page=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207116408000968&set=gm.1723624077 855805&type=3&theater
Old 11-17-2007, 11:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Also, check out the AFR gauge in operation, what type is it?
Peugeot moped
Old 11-18-2007, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Lawman,
That sounds GREAT! not too cazy at all.. do you have a video of the car from the outside?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Very nice. I only wish you had an opportunity to make a spirited pass around that gold sedan at the end....

I take no credit for that moment of self-control. I just had the entire suspension done along with the new cooler and playing with the fuel enrichment so I am TRYING to be good. Please don't encourage me to return to my wicked ways so soon

Also, check out the AFR gauge in operation, what type is it?

The XD-16 from Innovative. I have not had a chance to hook it to my laptop for in depth analysis of the AFRs....but I like it so far.

Lawman,
That sounds GREAT! not too cazy at all.. do you have a video of the car from the outside?

Not yet, maybe soon. I was using a small Olympus digital attached to my Brey Krauss harness truss and camera mount. Really not too bad, pretty stable and sound was good. The quality got wacked from U-Tube when they processed it a little.

But something else,
is that your xd16 in clock position?
Truly it looks a little nervous.
Can you post a pic of the gauge in clock position please?

JBrown who posts on this Rennlist and this board made me the mount using my old clock housing (I still have the face) and fabricated a carbon fiber face to make the XD-16 fit the old housing. It looks great I will post in the next few days. The guage is very fast, it will stay pretty level when you stay on the throttle though. Numbers jump alot when you moderate the throttle and then even out. In the vid I was lifting to make the Zork gurble a lil. When i hook up may laptop i will set the guage fro diff. colors to let me know when I am running lean. right now there too much purple and blue, I want green yellow and red.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 11-18-2007, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
I have a zork and it sounds sick. I dont think I could go back to a stock exhaust.
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 11-18-2007, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

My buddy is little more conservative than me. He has a really nice 993 C2s, and I tried explaininf to him how cool the Zorked 930 was going to be. He sort of dimissed it. I tried telling him that anyone with even a tiny bit of testosterone HAS too love flames rolling out the back of a car...it's just part of being a man He still was unconvinced....SO....we pick up my car go 2 miles and he has called my my phone until the battery died. All he keeps saying is "how sick it looks" and "that is %^^$ cool" and "hey cars are afraid to pass you". He was cracking me up. The next day we went for a ride he though the cabin noise was fine and loved the sound.

He was also suprised how driveable the 24 & 33mm t-bars were along with the front and rear27mm SRP adj. sways. Surely no luxury cruise but the suspension seats make it pretty good.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I wrote:

I take no credit for that moment of self-control. I just had the entire suspension done along with the new cooler and playing with the fuel enrichment so I am TRYING to be good. Please don't encourage me to return to my wicked ways so soon

I looked at the 2nd video and actually I did pass... but I did so sanely and at least didn't pass all 3 cars. Hey, it was even a passing zone...there is hope for me yet.

Although some might disagree I try to be good on the streets. I really wish I had gotten this car back in time for a few DEs, I'll be lucky if we don't get snow tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9fKFsTMAo

Last edited by F350Lawman; 11-18-2007 at 06:42 PM..
Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: