Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
My 930 at Cal Speedway

I do not post much here but I wanted to share a video of my car. I Time trial with POC in SoCal. Kevin Roush is my mechanic and a very accomplished driver. I asked Kevin to take me out in my car for a couple of laps to give me some input on the line, set up etc. It was a blast. I posted a video on You Tube under Kevin Roush at Cal Speedway. Sorry I don't know how to do the link thing. My car is a 79 with the typical mods. Enjoy. By the way we turned a 1:50 lap with 2 people in the car.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

where is the video bro??
Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

He doesn't know how to post links. He said to search YouTube for Kevin Roush at Cal Speedway.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 11-19-2007, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dALjM9N5_Rk
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Thanks Nathan, YouTube is blocked here at work.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 11-19-2007, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Looks like the car is running just fine! Good times.... Grats!

'86 930 Turbo
'03 996TT - Gone, but not forgot!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
It looks pretty fast to me

A hell of a car and a hell of a driver.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Wow, I love the way he has a lot of respect for the wall. Nice.

Can you repost the video without music? Music was good but it's nice to hear the flat 6 on boost!

Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Roush

The car sounded good as it had a Borla XR-1. SInce then I went to a straight pipe off the turbo and it gets repect even driving in the pits. I will have to run some video at my next event. Running Willow Springs the first weekend of December. Ah the pleasure fo So California in the winter!
Kevin has run Grand Am series all over the country and he is a very competent 911 pilot.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Is the 930 stock? or what is done to it. Great video!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Car is not stock, Vision motorsport headers and Garrett Kolkeln modded turbo, SC cams. Rest of motor including the CIS is stock. I have not dyno'd it with all the current mods. Suspension is reworked with heavy torsion bars and adj sways as well as matched bilsteins. front struts have been modded to allow more neg camber. Since the video it has been gutted and fitted with a Mater style cage. Street days are over but I always found it too quick for So Cal traffic.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Can you redo that video without any music?

Old 11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Nathan, Will try to get to it as soon as i can. My movie skills are at their infancy. My technical consultants ( kids ) are away at college and poor old Dad is not the most technically capable guy.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Leon View Post
I do not post much here but I wanted to share a video of my car. I Time trial with POC in SoCal. Kevin Roush is my mechanic and a very accomplished driver. I asked Kevin to take me out in my car for a couple of laps to give me some input on the line, set up etc. It was a blast. I posted a video on You Tube under Kevin Roush at Cal Speedway. Sorry I don't know how to do the link thing. My car is a 79 with the typical mods. Enjoy. By the way we turned a 1:50 lap with 2 people in the car.

I always wanted Kevin to take me out a lop or two in any car. He worked on my turbo too. An 88. I got a new baby coming this Wed morning. Messing around the track must wait now or my wife will kill me. I spun the 930 2 years 2weeks before our first baby was born. It sat for a year after that.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Leon View Post
Nathan, Will try to get to it as soon as i can. My movie skills are at their infancy. My technical consultants ( kids ) are away at college and poor old Dad is not the most technically capable guy.
I look forward to their return Willy

Looks like you had some fun that day.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: