Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'86 930 buying advice please

I'm thinking about upgrading my '81 931 to an '86 930 but I have no idea where to begin to make sure it wont turn into a huge mistake.

Could any of you share with me what to look for as far as:
1. Trouble signs
2. How to test the car
3. Common issues
4. Average maintenance costs/overall cost of ownership

And/or any other useful information which would aid me to make an educated decision on the purchase of this car. (Exactly what you would look for if the car was for yourself).

I've always loved the look of the 930, and this particular one is such a great deal that I can't stop thinking about it, but at the same time, I'm not sure that I'm ready to enter the realm of the 911 Turbo.

Absolutely ANY words of wisdom will be much appreciated.
Red '87 Porsche 944 - Wish I had not sold it
Old 11-24-2007, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

Look at a bunch of them, read this forum and absolutely get a PPI from some one that knows the 930. Be willing to walk if you don't feel good about a seller. I think you will have positive experience. Most surprises come from things that would have been found during the PPI.

Good luck
My .01
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen
американский
Old 11-24-2007, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: