Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread

Garage
Cheese too

You clowns want some cheese with that whine? No sniveling now.
Guess the best way to squeeze off this thread is the line from the movie
"You can't handle the truth..."

Saving the French since April 16, 1917

Again - Adios and Christmas cheer!
EPS - Tucson
AMG V8 SL55 Mercedes, 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/Fuel Dragster CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), Blown Alcohol TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -
Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #41 (permalink)
Me like track days

It'll bite EP in the a$s when HE asks for help some day......ain't gonna happen from this list now.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #42 (permalink)
Me like track days

Furthermore, you wouldn't think Eldon P Slick would hammer on a Frenchman considering his WW2 aviation art line of work.

http://www.eldonpslick.com/home.html

http://eldonpslickartwork.homestead.com/home.html

What would your customers think of this post?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #43 (permalink)

Garage
Welds?

Aw shucks - I'll take it all back and never speak my mind again, vote for Clinton and conform to political correctness. I certainly have had more failures in my life than successes. If people along the way had not constructively criticized my poor craftsmanship or lack of skill I would in some cases still be muddling along at a drone of mediocrity. I'm still trying to learn how to paint and sculpt. Have a very long way to go but do recognize it and listen to others comments. I made my remarks about the welds with no malice - just objectivity. The sniveling and whining response though are what resulted in my entering the pissing contest. Again, no offense to the guy - just step up and learn how to do the job right. And, too, I get affirmative action points for my sharp response because of, well, I was born in New York so I automatically qualify as an ******* and proud of it. Or maybe the desert heat, or maybe, well, you fill in the blanks ______________________.

Merry Christmas
AMG V8 SL55 Mercedes, 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/Fuel Dragster CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), Blown Alcohol TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -
Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #44 (permalink)
Me like track days

Geezus H, Eldon - you didn't SEE the ****ing welds except over the internet, external view -

So how the hell are you qualified to even make a peep about the overall weld quality?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #45 (permalink)

Garage
welds?

How much would you pay someone to do a similar welding job for your car? Would you be happy with this work if it were yours? Suit yourself. Re "seeing on the internet" comment is too obviously silly to comment on. Don't worry any more, just have a happy Christmas. I really do take it all back - The welds are great, will last forever and could not possibly be improved upon. Now, again, and for the last time, I promise, Adios.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #46 (permalink)

Author of "101 Projects"

Hmm, I have less problems on my 3-year old's playground. Just let it go.

The welds are indeed "homemade" - if they are strong enough, well only the person who made them is able to tell that. Some of you made some very good comments about safety - that's true too.

I don't like it when things get out of hand, primarily because someone with less than an ideal amount of tact criticizes someone else's work and they start to take it personally.

I'm going to close this thread, and just ask that everyone wind down a notch.

-Wayne
SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)
Old 12-04-2007, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #47 (permalink)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: