Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay71 View Post
Good idea- and I agree. That would be a good project for me now as I'm out of money! I'll search for some threads here on that project. Do you know off hand if I would need to realign the car after lowering the ride height?
Alignment is a good idea, but not required unless your taking the front end apart. Really, all you're doing is re-indexing the torsion bars. Just take good measurements and be patient. Corner balance is not needed unless you don't measure the ride hight before and after. If you track the car, corner balance helps handling.

Otherwise, leave the car alone and go have fun. You've got a very nice set up all the way around, so enjoy.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Intercooler kinda looks like a koklen with the name ground off. On the turbo, I don;t think you need to modify any sheetmetal to make a k27 work. I had to push mine done a little to fit but didn't need any cutting or anything. Nice job on the car!
50k:Lindren Green:B&B Dual Out Pipes:K27:965 I/C: --SOLD!!
Old 12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
That is not a Kokeln IC.

Andial maybe with a Powerhaus badge taken off?
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 12-01-2007, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

The IC looks like an old Garrett - when Bruce Anderson and Garrett worked together.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Jay - That Intercooler is made by Andial and is often referred to as the Garrettson-Andial intercooler....here are a few pics installed in other 930s:

This intercooler is a decent upgrade over the stock piece factory unit, which is simply rubbish (understatement).

Some other thoughts...the engine tin does not need to be cut or trimmed to fit any K27 turbo, your mechanic is incorrect...all you need to do is loosen the compressor housing bolts spin the housing a few degrees to make everything line-up nicely. I have done this at home many times.

Here is my K27-7200 side by side with my old stock 3LDZ (right), I am confirming that is actually an upgraded turbo it is a K27-7006 (look at the 4 last numbers on the bottom of your tag), this also is a decent upgrade over the stock 3LDZ barge anchor.

So your car has some nice upgrades, as you are in emissions free country, do away with the cat converter, slap on some B&B headers and muffler and your car will be drasticaly transformed!! Guaranteed!!!

Hope that helps!

Hope we can meet-up some time soon!
Probably Spring!
Yasin

Last edited by slow&rusty; 12-01-2007 at 04:45 PM..
Old 12-01-2007, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbahn View Post
Intercooler kinda looks like a koklen with the name ground off.
Definitely not Koklen.. believe intercooler to be either Andial or Garretson.. they are actually the same thing. Your picture shows that the boss that holds the name plate has been ground away. Either way, very good IC.

Have fun and welcome aboard!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Very nice... The color looks to be Slate Blue Metallic like mine. This color started off in 83 on the 928 models.

84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 12-03-2007, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Bman stop posting those wheels! I keep looking for my credit card everytime i see that picture...
50k:Lindren Green:B&B Dual Out Pipes:K27:965 I/C: --SOLD!!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbahn View Post
Bman stop posting those wheels! I keep looking for my credit card everytime i see that picture...
Funny Just do it you will never look back. I love the look the wheels have made.
84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: