Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Here she is!

I submitted a post a few months back, trying to decide between a normally aspirated Carrera and a 930 and I got some pretty enthusiatic responses to go for the turbo. Thanks to all of you who responded- I am very, verrrry happy with my decision. I need to upgrade the exhaust/turbo- and, at first, I wasn't too happy with the blinged out wheels...but they're done well and are starting to grow on me. Have more shots but having difficulty staying within the 2mb limit. Here she is!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Very nice. What color is that?

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 11-30-2007, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Yes, That is one nice looking car you have there.... I am not a big fan of the Fuchs wheels...but yours are a very clean example. They would grow on me as well.... Welcome to the club... I hope you stuck away some money for a rainy day....trust me...once you get bitten by the "boost bug" there is no turning away from the dark side...
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 11-30-2007, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Wow - Very nice. It looks like the four wheel drive model, so the next step might be to lower it a bit - easily done, no additional parts needed.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality72521 View Post
Not sure what it's called- it's the original color- sort of charcoal grey. I have a polarized lens filter on my camera which darkens the color a bit.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
Wow - Very nice. It looks like the four wheel drive model, so the next step might be to lower it a bit - easily done, no additional parts needed.
Good idea- and I agree. That would be a good project for me now as I'm out of money! I'll search for some threads here on that project. Do you know off hand if I would need to realign the car after lowering the ride height?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay71 View Post
Good idea- and I agree. That would be a good project for me now as I'm out of money! I'll search for some threads here on that project. Do you know off hand if I would need to realign the car after lowering the ride height?
Yes. Alignment and corner balance required.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

Nice & Clean! Specs, Mods, year, miles? Very nice!
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen
американский
Old 11-30-2007, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Gorgeous car! I have those same bling Fuchs on my 930 and I don't like them. Luckily a friend is letting me borrow them until I find some rims I do like. I'll probably put on the BBS Motorsport rims, but have to get the 17" inners and outers as they are only 15s right now.
14 535i M Sport
Old 11-30-2007, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Get them redone in raw anozided look like the RSR's...that would look sick with the perfect paint.

Congrats.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT930 View Post
Nice & Clean! Specs, Mods, year, miles? Very nice!
1986, SC cams, Intercooler (not sure what brand), stock exhaust (for some reason) with a non-stock turbo- says k27 on it but the local dealer mechanic says it's not as the sheet metal hasn't been modified- looks like someone took parts of a stock turbo and a k27 and made their own unit as it fits like a stock turbo. I installed a Weltmeister short-shift kit and it's not going to be there for long as it's a real p.o.s.. The car has 47000 miles, has been well maintained and runs well but the combination of the intercooler and SC cams coupled with the restrictive stock exhaust baffles me. I'll be saving my pennies over the winter to address that issue.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

WOW!!!!!!!!!! man we said.. get a 930... not go and show us all up bro!
NICE one!! great color as well.!!!! I think the wheels look proper on the car.. it's SO clean .
Old 12-01-2007, 12:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Great color. Mean looking ride.

Nothing compares to these unique 930s.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Congrats - beautiful!!

I absolutely love those wheels..the cost of having those petals and lips polished is massive! It tranforms the look of the car.

Lower the car and corner balance and the wheels will compliment the car trust me.

Get a set of B&Bs headers and a B&B muffler and you will be at an easy 400hp with those cams. Take some pics of the intercooler and I will identify it for you. Are you running increased booost?

Also if you photograph the turbo we can identify it for you as well.

Where did you see this car for sale?

You can email the pics and I can host them for you on my website.

Yasin (slownrusty@yahoo.com)
P.S: I am local to you but down in Colorado Springs.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality72521 View Post
Meteor gray? Too light to be slate.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Nice looking car!

+1 lower it. Better stance and handling.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
Congrats - beautiful!!

Get a set of B&Bs headers and a B&B muffler and you will be at an easy 400hp with those cams. Take some pics of the intercooler and I will identify it for you. Are you running increased booost?

Also if you photograph the turbo we can identify it for you as well.

P.S: I am local to you but down in Colorado Springs.

Yasin- good to hear from you. When the mag chloride dissipates maybe we can get together and compare cars. I took some shots of the intercooler (no name stamp on it) and the turbo. It doesn't look like the sheet metal in the engine compartment was modified to fit the turbo- which my mechanic says is necessary to fit a K27- and is why he says it's not really a K27...but as you'll see the badge clearly says it is. I'd be interested in getting your feedback as I'd like to know if this is the real thing or a home-made jobby. The car pulls at about 3700 rpm but you don't get the punch in the chest you usually would expect from a K27 (or the stock, for that matter). I'm wondering if the restrictive stock muffler is to blame for how tame it feels. I've heard that SC cams actually make the car perform worse with the stock muffler. I'm not sure what wastegate spring I have so I've got a lot to learn about the car when I have a chance to tinker. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks!

Last edited by jay71; 12-01-2007 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: forgot to mention something
Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
Congrats - beautiful!!

I saw the car on cars.com- was for sale privately by a nice guy from Eagle, CO who drove it to the golf course every day. I had been looking at a nice '88 930 at Prestige Porsche in Denver with low miles as well but it needed transmission work and the sunroof was inoperable- they were asking about $40k for it and were unwilling to deduct anything that it might need after the ppi so I walked (I think MDURBAHN looked at the same car and came to the same conclusion before finding his sweet green euro 930). I'll send some photos for your website. What's the URL so I can check it out?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Looks like a K27 7006 to me. Take another pic that shows between the two sides of the turbo.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 12-01-2007, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Congratulations. The color is fantastic and it looks to be in great condition. Don't be too hasty about getting rid of those wheels. They will look better when you lower the car.

Cheers
1999 Cobalt 23LS
2001 HD FLSTC (Carb)
Old 12-01-2007, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: