Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Elephant racing rear spring plates

Anyone running the elephant racing quick change spring plates could tell me what they like or dislike?
Ready to make this switch over but wanted some users feedback first.

Thanks,
Fredmeister
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Are you talking about the original ones that have been around for a couple years or the brand new cheaper version that has just come out?

You should call them, they are good people. Very helpful.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
talking about these (see image)

I was happy with them over the phone, but wanted an outsiders opinion that actually uses them.
Did you notice a big change in ride hardness with the bushing change? I still street drive it.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I don't have elephant spring plates, although I would like to get them.

You are looking at the new type in that ad, not the two year old type they have for racing (which I think is the ASP type).

Unfortunately you are asking in this thread for feedback on a product which has been out for maybe a week or two, therefore I would be amazed if you get any real feedback about this specific product in the near future.

Just trying to be helpful.

I too would like to hear from anybody that has tried out this new style of spring plate, or the older style for that matter.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Remember

The Elephant spring plates above allow for easy torsion bar changes and small height adjustments, this makes it very convenient to make spring changes for different tracks.
If your looking to make an improvement in handling move up to their ASP setup, it's very nice quality, has infinite adjustment and will add camber as the suspension loads.
Most people consider the Elephant Racing Poly/Bronze to be the best bushing out there, the only down side is that you need to grease them every 5000 mines, it's done with a standard grease gun and is very easy.

Last edited by The Turk; 02-02-2008 at 08:51 AM..
Old 12-05-2007, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: