Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
California Speedway Dec 1 2007

Fella's

Took the turbo to Speed Ventures Track day at California Speedway last weekend. Had a great time and have determined the ol' girl has more class than me. I couldn't drive it as fast as I would like because I have this overwhelming feeling that this bit_ch could kill me. She handles great, stops on a dime and can keep up with a GT3, shoot and burp fire out of Brian's Zork like dragon.

Where I am going with this is..I need driving lessons. I get my arse kicked in the turns. (Doesn't help all my life I have been told not to let the rear end get away in a turn)

I ran against Ferrari's, ZO6's, and everything that showed up and could keep up with the best until the turns. The K27HFS performed great with power to red line. Reviewing the video I realized I had exceeded the red line a few times and the engine just screamed and pulled hard.

Brian, your Zork is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and exceeded my expectations. BTW..Zorks are awesome and not really that loud. It isn't much louder than my Fab Speed exhaust.

One last thing to share..I rigged up a scoop for my IC to try and ram some air through it. It actually helped quite a bit. IC temperatures are lower than normal and I have decided that I may keep it on..

Old 12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Cal Speedway

Nice Turbo,
I suggest go through the POC driving program. We run at Cal SPeedway, WIllow etc. You start with a comprehensive driver training on short tracks to eventually get licensed on the big tracks. It wll help you learn the limits of your car and your abilities. In addition you will meet a lot of good people that can help you optimize the potential of your car. SET UP IS CRITICAL ON THESE CARS. Ask me how I know. Good luck
Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Nice... where is the video??
Old 12-07-2007, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Cal Speedway shot.

My last outing at Cal Speedway
Old 12-07-2007, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Rory-

Rory-

I did record it and it is 3 gigs. I will reprocess and edit the extraneous stuff out. You guys will enjoy the flame throwing. I have a good shot chasing a 997 GT3 at 160 down the straight away. It was fun and addicting. Next time I will drive more aggressively and gas it out of the turns.

Thanks for the Inquiry..I will try to get something soon...

Bob
Old 12-07-2007, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: