Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Just picked up a 930

My dad's shop just got a 1987 930 with only 30k on it. Car looks great, you can tell its been sitting for a little while though. Car starts right up and runs great though. After it gets a tune up it will be on the road. I'll post some pics up when i get the chance.

The question i have is what are a few good performance upgrades to do, to raise the power up? Any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Lurkasaurus

Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the car.

For mods, try headers /w new turbo & zork tube, better intercooler, adjustable WUR and proper a/f tune, 1bar boost, 964 cams, etc.. the thing will be freaky fast. Just costs money - lots of money.

There's tons of posts about mods and hp increases complete /w dyno charts and arguments and namecalling and whatnot. The search button will make it clear - as mud!

Pics are your first priority!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Get familiar with it first.

Then, after "few" miles, decide what's next - enjoy it!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
Welcome brother. I agree with Miguel warm up to this vehicle, totally diferent breed.
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Me like track days

For about 5k - including labor - your car will be transformed into a beastie........
Old 12-10-2007, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Please carefully heed this one nugget of advise:

Drive the car, spend a lot of time here. Then, come up with a clear plan about what you want to 'mod' before you do a single thing.

The biggest waste of time and money around here is when people like me do one thing, and then go back and do another thing, and then go back and do another thing; when we could have done everything at the SAME TIME and saved a lot of time and money.

In other words, have a plan before you just start doing stuff. That way you will not need to go back in two months and do something else that you overlooked.

The cheapest, and absolutely best mod you can do is lose weight. Remove the rear seat tops with a screwdriver. Remove trunk carpeting, interior heavy floor mats. I removed the lower door pockets with a screwdriver, they just get in the way. The front spare tire weighs 35 pounds. Remove it except for long road trips. If your A/C barely works, you can remove it which will save a huge amount of weight, unless you need that comfort. Put in a lightweight exhaust system. B+B headers/heat exchangers and a zork exhaust pipe will save the most weight. I removed my windshield washer tank (yeah, I am extreme, and my car is light weight). Fiberglass bumpers and a fiberglass tail are options for weight savings.

Anyway, you get the idea. Weight savings means better braking, handling, acceleration, gas mileage. More power simply means better acceleration.

Just a thought. But at least have a plan before you start doing stuff.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: