Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
"I wuz the liquor..."

JB Racing has a nice solution as does Supertec Performance:
Twin-plug ignition
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-13-2007, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

I'm running the Electromotive XDi crank fired system that Clewett sells.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-13-2007, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

When the turbo is pumping it sucks in a tremendous amount of air;
the air cleaner that is on the 930 is way too small; one would be way better off with the stock air box - it will let a higher CFM flow into your CIS; also one really needs to allow the case to vent....

Thanks,I know it looks small, however...I am running the same filter several others have. Others have dynoed their cars with and w/o similar setups with no change in power numbers. That being said, my car now has a K&N that is the same diameter but 1 1/2 times as high.

I think it will flow as much or more than the stock box with the little -bitty hole. I really only changed for engine access, but I wil monitor performance and AFRs
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 12-13-2007, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20cooled7 View Post
are twin plug distributors rare and expensive or is there some aftermarket applications?
Most of us that are running twin-plug, are running wasted spark. DonE is running EFI with EDIS wasted spark, I think. Others are using Megasquirt EFI with EDIS wasted spark and me, bringing up the rear, Electromotive HPV-1 twin plug crankfire ignition. There may be other types......
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 12-14-2007, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Another satisfied Clewett wire user here. I bought one of the first sets and due to long drawn out project it took a while to get them installed and realize there was a problem. Clewett kindly replaced them even with the time lapse and the new wires are great! And I've had them on and off many times.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: