Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

View Poll Results: Which shifter
OEM 0 0%
OEM+Weltmeister SS @ $102 1 2.63%
Wevo @ $595 15 39.47%
Hargett @ $595 22 57.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

If my car is for track I would've gone with Hargett also, however, my car is a street car and wevo looks better to me for street purposes.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Hey Guys,

Here's a pic of mine installed in a car with factory interior. For reference, the width of the shifter is 3". cheers.

www.HargettPrecision.com
Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

^^^ That is the pic used on this site in the Hargett ad. BTW, is the linkage kit required?

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 12-14-2007, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Remember

I used the Hargett for my G50 conversion, the improved shift position alone makes it worth the money and it shifts great.
Everyone that has looked at mine has commented on how great it looked.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Yes, it's required, but if you want to compare apples to apples cost wise, you need to add in the shift coupling for the WEVO as well and use it for better shifting I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality72521 View Post
BTW, is the linkage kit required?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Turk and Nat,

Did you Hargett come colored like that or did you do it?

I have one of the first ones from Mark and love it since my car more track oriented.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
Hey Guys!
Remember, this picture is the original prototype shifter. Hargett has since made a new variation that the main mount is compression molded with the main components CNC'd 6061 aluminum. The new shifter is also narrower than the one in the picture posted.

As far as the noise being transmitted that can be easily remedied by using a insulated coupler at the transmission selector shaft.

The WEVO is a quality piece that greatly improves the stock shifter in the stock location.

But, the WEVO in no way can be compared to a Hargett.

The Hargett changes the shifting characteristics of the car drastically and all for the better. It makes shifting exact and precise.

No more, maybe it is in second? maybe fourth?

No more F700 dump truck like shifting. It will take a stock car and make you think you are in a GT car instantly.

What the WEVO can do is drastically improve the stock shifter and it's operation while keeping the stockish looks.

But it can't be compared to the performance of the Hargett. They are just too completely different beast.

If you want it to look more like stock and have improved shifting, then it is the WEVO.

But if you want the ultimate performance then the Hargett wins hands down.

It is going to be personal preference of looks and performance. Some like the erector look? While others like the stock look.

Last edited by A930Rocket; 12-14-2007 at 01:55 PM..
Old 12-14-2007, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Yes, it's required, but if you want to compare apples to apples cost wise, you need to add in the shift coupling for the WEVO as well and use it for better shifting I would think.
Gotcha, thanks.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 12-14-2007, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
I'm waiting to buy either the Wevo (which I have in my Carrera race car and absolutely love it) or the Hargett (very very tempting) for my street 930 until I see a photo of a Hargett's linkage thru to the back. My back seats are still used by my youngest daughter and her BFF for treat trips and I need to know what we'll be dealing with back there.

As for cosmetics, I can envision encasing the Hargett structure with a carbon fiber and leather cover so that it matches my interior.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqcarrera View Post
I'm waiting to buy either the Wevo (which I have in my Carrera race car and absolutely love it) or the Hargett (very very tempting) for my street 930 until I see a photo of a Hargett's linkage thru to the back. My back seats are still used by my youngest daughter and her BFF for treat trips and I need to know what we'll be dealing with back there.

As for cosmetics, I can envision encasing the Hargett structure with a carbon fiber and leather cover so that it matches my interior.
Here are some pics:

Hargett Precision Shifter!!!!

--clutch-monkey
Old 12-14-2007, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Losing the heat control, emergency brake and busting through the tunnel with the shift shaft is just too much for me, on a daily type driver. I have the WEVO with the coupler and shifting is improved - but also has character like a 1979 turbo should have. On the other hand, I would love to have a G50/50 in there....
Old 12-14-2007, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
This is the most revealing pic for my own investigative purposes.

Me thinks I should sell my 915 Wevo that's now in the Carrera race car and replace it with a Hargett and then buy a 930 Wevo for the street turbo. I just see too many hassles making the Hargett work perfectly for my street car with the heater control, e-brake, tunnel linkage access, noise, etc., issues.

Anybody know the going price for a used complete Wevo shifter assy including the factory housing as well?

Cheers!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

man, where do you guys keep coming up with this stuff. This has been covered numerous times. You DO NOT loose your heater contrls, you DO NOT loose your emergency brake, and you DO NOT "bust" through the tunnel. If you prefer the Wevo just say so, but you don't need to bash someones product with incorrect information.
www.HargettPrecision.com
Old 12-14-2007, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

I've seen and {GULP} touched the Hargett shifter in A930Rocket and BrianKeithSmith's track cars and I have to say how impressed I was with the placement!!!! Your hand is right there!!! I also thought these Hargett pieces were/are things of absolute beauty! Sort of makes me question the pricing of Wevo's product...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-14-2007, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Wer bremst verliert

I voted Hargett in the poll and with my wallet. It hasnt arrived yet.
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 12-14-2007, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Ok, I guess from a performance standpoint the Hargett is tops. However, I really like keeping things as close to stock as possible. I'm not too keen on the race car look of the Hargett sitting in the middle of an OEM interior. I need to think about this for a while. I have until the engine goes back in to decide, maybe by April. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone around here with a Hargett so I can see it in person. Thanks for the input everyone.

--clutch-monkey
Old 12-14-2007, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchamp View Post
man, where do you guys keep coming up with this stuff. This has been covered numerous times. You DO NOT loose your heater contrls, you DO NOT loose your emergency brake, and you DO NOT "bust" through the tunnel. If you prefer the Wevo just say so, but you don't need to bash someones product with incorrect information.
Wow - thanks for the rational and clear explanation....

In looking at the photo posted above, although it shows the emergency brake, please explain how you reach around and pull it up.

As for the heat, where is it (again, I'm using the picture above)?

Sorry to use busting to describe fabricating a new tunnel plate. Do you supply a new plate in the kit? It's unclear in your response above.

As for the "bashing", I don't think anyone bashed your product in this thread. I think everyone gave their opinion on how they perceived it in their car. In fact, I thought your shifter received a pretty good review. Not sure your response helped me think any differently towards it though.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Remember

A930Rocket,
When I ordered mine it came in different colors, I ordered black anodize.

DonE,
You don't lose your heater controls or P-brake, they fit underneath the shifter and all you have to do is cut a slot in the coupler cover, it's really easy, check out these pictures I posted in another thread.

Carpet Kits: Looking for Opinions

You can also relocate the heater & P-brake to the opening where the stock shifter was, it's not very difficult, see my post at the end of this thread if your interested.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
A930Rocket,
When I ordered mine it came in different colors, I ordered black anodize.

DonE,
You don't lose your heater controls or P-brake, they fit underneath the shifter and all you have to do is cut a slot in the coupler cover, it's really easy, check out these pictures I posted in another thread.

Carpet Kits: Looking for Opinions

You can also relocate the heater & P-brake to the opening where the stock shifter was, it's not very difficult, see my post at the end of this thread if your interested.

Very nice installation. If you had other brushed AL trim in the cabin, the shifter could possibly look stock.

And you can easily use the p-brake?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2007, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

It's easy to get too. You have to lean forward some and reach around the shifter, but it's easy enough to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post

And you can easily use the p-brake?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2007, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: