Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 Rebuild Questions-Gaskets

I am in the process of disassembling the engine in my 85 930. I plan to rebuild the engine using the C2 Turbo P&C's that I bought last summer. Since the C2 P&C's require the viton rings for the base of the cylinder and the head gaskets, should I get the gasket set for the C2 or the gasket set for the 85 930? Is there anything that the C2 gasket set would not included that I would need for the 85 engine?
I have seen photos of 930 connecting rods with offset bushings to get a little extra compression. In order to do this, would special bushings be needed or do the stock bushings have enough metal in them to allow offset machining?
Thanks for your help.

Tom Oxner
Old 12-19-2007, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Call EBS (engine builders Supply) and tell them what you have. They will know exactly waht you need and will only sell you want you need as well....good folks...

As for the rod bushings... I would think you ned to start from scratch, as if you try to offset machine the used bushing, then you will be way over sized. The new bushing will be smaller all the way around, so you leave one side of the inner diameter alone, and just take some from the other side... ( Hopefully I am articulating this ok)
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk

Last edited by turbobrat930; 12-19-2007 at 09:33 PM..
Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ +1
Old 12-20-2007, 03:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the help. I did not communicate very well in asking the question about the offset bushings. I will use new bushings regardless, I was wondering if the new OE bushings had enough meat in them to allow offsetting the wrist pin. I thought perhaps one would need to use a bushing with a 21 mm nominal inside diameter instead of the 22mm. Once again, thanks for your help.

Tom
Old 12-20-2007, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
EBS could answer that also.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrat930 View Post
Call EBS (engine builders Supply) and tell them what you have. They will know exactly waht you need and will only sell you want you need as well....good folks...

As for the rod bushings... I would think you ned to start from scratch, as if you try to offset machine the used bushing, then you will be way over sized. The new bushing will be smaller all the way around, so you leave one side of the inner diameter alone, and just take some from the other side... ( Hopefully I am articulating this ok)
+1
Go with the Wrightwood Racing gasket/seal sets, worth the extra dollars.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 12-20-2007, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

+1 on EBS. if troy doesnt have an answer (almost always does) he will either find it out or reffer you to someone who does. great guy to deal with.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 12-20-2007, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: