Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Uh, oh, now I'm F@cked.

Noticed lots of vibration from drivetrain lately went to check the transmission mounts, and one side was sagging. put a jack under trans to take the pressure off the mounts, when I tried to loosen the bolt it sheared off. now I have part of the bolt stuck in the trans. Any ideas on how to remove the rest of the bolt that is stuck in there? Only thing I can think of is to drill it out of there. Crap!

Eric
87 930
Old 12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry this thing posted twice. don't know how to delete the second one
Old 12-29-2007, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I'm afraid that if it sheared off flush, then drilling and using an easy out might be your only option. If you have to drill, I would use a reverse drill bit that sometimes will loosen the broken bolt while your drilling.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I'd second the idea of using an easy out, but be careful. Make sure you are centred on the bolt, which can be difficult to do. Go real slow to make sure you don't make an error.
1977 Turbo Carrera Black on Red #411 - Beauty Queen
1987 951 Black on Black - sold to make room for the 930
1972 911 2.7 (RS P's and C's, solex camshafts, Weber's, ST suspension) - I regret selling her every single day....
Old 12-30-2007, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Use a hammer and a punch to make a dent in the centre of the bolt you are drilling. makes getting it in the centre a little easier.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 12-30-2007, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: