Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Daily driver? Mine is!

Hey folks,
Anybody else out there use their 930 as the daily driver?

Enclosed is a pic. of mine, please ignore the butt ugly wheels, they are history come spring. I'll burn up the present rubber thru the winter, then it's by-by time for mister turbo twist.....and good riddens.
Mods include, 31mm/23mm hollow torsion bars, Tarett sways,poly graphite bushings,Bilstein HD sports, RSR bump steer kit, camber brace, lowered 3", pagid orange pads, B&B exhaust. More planned soon!

And remember folks..It's only a waste of money if you DON'T drive it!!

Old 12-29-2007, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I don't use mine as a DD but I do drive it. I just don't see the point of letting it sit all day in the sun/weather and subjecting it to door dings and other parking accidents. Even though I paid more for my DD then the 930 it has been a lifelong dream come true. I plan on keeping the 930 WAY longer then I plan on keeping my DD because there's no attachment. I used to ride my Duc 748 to work a lot in the summer. Since I've had kids I decided to let the Duc go.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

...mine is!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-29-2007, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
My car sees DD duty, as well. Interesting lineup of transport, full quack. I've got a '93 888, as well.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Nice! Even with the twist wheels that car is gorgeous!

Please post pictures of your daily drivers, it is good to see that they can remain beautiful even when used.

I absolutely love to see folks who drive sports and specialty cars on a regular basis. It makes a normally ho-hum commute not just exiting for the owner but for the other commuters as well. You'll get a thumbs-up from someone along the way.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Bought this for my DD in July 07, but it stranded me a couple of times. Once the bad fuel pumps, alternator and battery were diagnosed, it has been great. I've put about 2000+ miles on it so far. When not using it, I drive an 01 F150 King Ranch Supercrew. I think I get better gas mileage in the F150, but it sure isn't as much fun to drive as the 930!

I just posted more pictures and details on this car in the 911 tech forum under "the winter projects begin".

Eric

Old 12-30-2007, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I put 18,000 miles on mine since buying it the end of July 07 and that includes 6 weeks on a ship and 3 months for a spun rod bearing/"while we're in there".

Now I've got another 4 weeks until the ship I put it on Friday gets where it's going. Otherwise I'd be driving it today.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Sadly....I rarely drive my car, but I NEVER consider it a waste of money. When I drive it, its very blissful.

Yasin
Old 12-30-2007, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Mine is! But I work out of a home office so that equates to only 200 miles/mo driving.

But those 200 miles are spirited ones!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I drive my 85 Euro issue daily. That is when there isn't snow on the ground.
And for the record, I drive it fairly hard.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Please post pictures of your daily drivers, it is good to see that they can remain beautiful even when used.

Mine is a filthy whore at the moment (as filthy as I'll let it get), but I'll snap some pics soon. Plus I'm back to running my Fuchs, and I have no pictures of her with her factory shoes on...so it'll give me a good excuse.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-31-2007, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Not my daily driver - too old for that :-) but exercized every chance I have... here is at the Dragon.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I drive mine as much as possible,...but once they spread salt on the roads I park the car til the salt is gone,...which is usually about April.

I could get the car out and drive it, but I really don't want to expose my old cars to the salt. I've got a 71' Triumph TR6, and the 81' 930. Neither has a speck of rust and I'd like to keep them that way.

Last edited by moochie; 12-31-2007 at 10:46 AM..
Old 12-31-2007, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochie View Post
My dad (now 63) just purchased his second TR6. It's a '74. Used to have a '72. I also had '72. Was/is one of the best sounding cars I've ever heard! I miss it dearly! Maybe he'll leave his latest acquisition to me...
Old 12-31-2007, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I know what you mean. My TR6 has an S2 cam in an otherwise stock motor, with nothing but a Glasspack muffler for tone. It really does sound incredible,...loud, but incredible. Since these pics were taken I've lowered the car 1", and replaced the tires.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Mine is a weekender only. My daily driver which is a VW Toureg, for me, is the work horse and I associate it with work. The Slant is reserved for Sunday.

Remember when you were young at dinner time? Mum would say "eat your veges or there will be NO dessert". Now i'm a dessert kinda guy, and I still don't like veges, so as the weekend approaches my taste buds start to come to life. By Saturday night I can start to taste the sweetness. Sunday morning...well you can't hold me back. nothin tastes so good as backing the beast outa that garage engaging first and letting rip.

Makes my week and all the bloody hard work worth while.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Nothing would make me happier than to drive my car to work every day.

Trouble is traffic. I cannot stand to file in line bumper to bumper with the occasional sit for an hour 'cause some dumb-ass got in a fender bender. I've been bumped in the rear 2 times by idiots (both time women) with their heads up their asses who think no more of a car than point A to point B.
I simply will not do that to my 911.

So I drive when the traffic is low and the soccer moms are off the streets. National holidays, weekends, lunch with the Porsche guys, and all summer when school is out.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Not my daily driver - too old for that :-) but exercized every chance I have... here is at the Dragon.

Love that color brown, it's a rare color these days, but looks so nice on yours.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I appreciate your complement.

Here is another picture of the 930 next to my real daily driver...
Old 01-02-2008, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Living in the Canadian Rockies I drive it as much as the weather permits, my car is garaged not stored to take advantage of days like today...Chinook winds warm things up and dry out the really fun roads

Old 01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: