Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
E-85 sippin drunk

Rolex 24 hours....

Its about 3.5 weeks away...and its that time again... who from the 930 board will be going?? I will be with a group of guys from the middle GA region of the PCA (Ocmulgee region). We wil be in a brown WOnderlodge on the infield near the tunnel at turn one....

stop by and say hi!!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 12-30-2007, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

I'll be there. we fly in on thursday. If my 930 gets out of paint in time I might make a road trip out of it.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'll be there, driving in GT with the #44 Bullet Racing GT3 Cup. Look for the 996 GT3 Cup widebody with the red paint and white tribal/maple leaf graphics.
Bullet Racing #22 GT3 Cup
Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Blaylock View Post
I'll be there, driving in GT with the #44 Bullet Racing GT3 Cup. Look for the 996 GT3 Cup widebody with the red paint and white tribal/maple leaf graphics.
I'm so jealous of you. It'd be a dream come true for me to drive in the 24. Good Luck to you and your team and I'll keep an eye out for you in the garage and on the track.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

might be nice to put our pelican names in our window. or maybe someone could set up a tent or banner that we could hang out at through out the weekend.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[] RUNNING:[_] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [_] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 01-14-2008, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Blaylock View Post
Very nice- I too are jealous. Is this a regular ride for you or is this a special event. I always wanted to lap the road course at Daytona but the as a SCCA low budget guy the drive was too far... Good luck

My crew is also going down, everyone is welcome to stop by- I posted a thread, I guess the lap dance joke offended a few because there were no replys... Oh well. See you all there- Mike
Old 01-14-2008, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Looking foreward to the Rolex 24, our RV group should be camped beside the second grandstand out from the infield horseshoe turn. Look for the table made out of a racing tire and an animal print chair repaired with "200 mph" tape. Lots of Rolex veterans at this site!

Brad: did your gang park with the Wonderlodge at the infield kink? If so we met.
Peugeot moped
Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Have any of you guys heard where we are staging for the non-reserved RV sites on Friday night or when they are letting us in on Sat. I heard 6AM but they are never orginized. We are staying at a camp gound down the blvd for Thurs and maybe Fri. I know Brad's crew has a reserved spot-

Bill is your crew in a reserve also?- what does your RV look like we'll stop by and visit- we will be (hopefully) down from you backed up against the reserved parking fence between the carnival rides and the porsche corral- oppisite side. Look for a Teal F150 with a cobra emblem on the grille with a Trail Lite tag along or a Ferrari moped. That would be us.... hope to see you there.... Mike
Old 01-16-2008, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by William930t View Post
Brad: did your gang park with the Wonderlodge at the infield kink? If so we met.
If you know in the infield where the Noble car display was... and then walk straight towards the infield part of the track, that is where we were... We had a big fire out in front of the bus, with a large cooking grate over it. We also had a big white sheet with " go leh Keen car #85" on it which was plastered to the front of the bus, facing the track. We were right after the hairpin turn in the infield, just as the cars straightened out... about 15 rv spots down from a large set of bleachers...

that was a VERY good spot... This year, we will be by the Nascar turn 1 and the tunnel... the bus was not going to be fixed in time, so we didnt plan on going, until at the last minute, the bus was fixed...and we got one of the last rv spots in the infield....
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: