Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Tachs have a recall button that reads out the highest reading until reset. They sell for $100. Why can't a boost gage use that same technology?
I need to build another $100 vac/boost gage to do some tuning. I might look into that.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

They could do a recall with a digital boost gauge. There probably already is one available or soon will be.
I was wondering if the telltale needles friction pivot on mine might be holding the boost needle back from showing full boost accurately so I moved the needle clockwise out of the way with the key and did a full throttle acceleration through first and second gear and glanced at the gauge to see.

I have a K27 HFS, and the maximum boost reading on the unrestricted boost needle was exactly the same as when the needle was pushing the telltale needle up with it.

I guess I'm lucky and got a good one, or maybe you just don't hear about the good ones often.
I rarely set it back to zero so it's not going to loosen up the telltale needles pivot bushing any time soon.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

I have what may be a stupid question pertaining to this discussion. I have the 934/935 boost gauge mounted in the front of the floor console that is inoperational. There is a 1/16" poly line from the gauge running back thru the floor along side the e-brake cables and then back to the engine compartment where it seems to be cut off and just laying on the engine. Can anyone tell me where this line should be getting its source from on the engine. I have looked everywhere visible and can't find where it was originally terminated.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPorsche930 View Post
I have what may be a stupid question pertaining to this discussion. I have the 934/935 boost gauge mounted in the front of the floor console that is inoperational. There is a 1/16" poly line from the gauge running back thru the floor along side the e-brake cables and then back to the engine compartment where it seems to be cut off and just laying on the engine. Can anyone tell me where this line should be getting its source from on the engine. I have looked everywhere visible and can't find where it was originally terminated.
You have three problems. One, your gauge won't work if it's not hooked up. Two, it's aftermarket, and could have been hooked up anywhere on the Manifold. Three, you may have a leak where it's not hooked up.

Keep looking, it was tapped into the Intake somewhere.

---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-14-2009, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Registered

I'm mystified reading this. I have had and still have a number of the teltale gage's in my cars. They have and still are working with no problems. Mine all do not need a reset key but have serrated knobs for zeroing . Maybe they are different ( see photos ) than the ones you have. I think they all are VDO, img]http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads14/yellow+930+0101237090746.jpg[/img]

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-16-2009 at 09:30 AM..
Old 03-14-2009, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Registered

This one didn't load for some reason.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
This one didn't load for some reason.

I've never seen any like yours. Mine needs the key, and every one I have ever seen needs the key. But I like yours better.

---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-14-2009, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Mine uses a key also. I wonder if you can have a knob made using the key???

Old 03-17-2009, 03:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: