Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Butterfly completely closed?

I had a hard time re-installing my throttle linkage. It seemed too short. Now when the gas pedal is full up the butterfly is slightly open, about .10 inches. Car idles at 3000 rpm and won't come down.

Is it possible that the linkage is now too short? Should the throttle be hard against the stop? Is this stop adjustable? Thanks guys, I'm still learning this car.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
If you remove the linkage, does the butterfly come against the stop?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Think may be your problem if it is open at all,this should be as good as shut,,
i slightly bent my linkage when removing my engine but didnt know till i hooked it all up after i rebuilt engine and was starting it for the first time!!
The engine revs just shot up to approx 3k+ then i shut it off and realised that with the throttle butterfly open just slightly this caused it!
Disconnect linkage to prove this and try and start car.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll give this a try Saturday, gotta work you know.

Just to be sure, the butterfly should be completely closed?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

yeah closed!!
but take a it just off the closed position the smallest amount with the stop screw
Old 01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yes, it HAS TO be closed. Remove the linkage and see if it idles normal. My guess is you have it bound up on the tranny or bent it pulling the motor as the CV pulled over it
Old 01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschephd View Post
Yes, it HAS TO be closed. Remove the linkage and see if it idles normal. My guess is you have it bound up on the tranny or bent it pulling the motor as the CV pulled over it
Rubbing against the clutch cable ehhh?

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-03-2008, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQs72q_GlPs

The short linkage under the intake was bent, took a couple of tries to get it positioned, but seems all is well now. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Well done!!..seems all is well now.
Thanks for the clip!..As no doubt the other guys will agree,its good to see the end results posted!

Now the hard bit is taking it easy on the throttle for a good few hundred miles to break that new rebuild in..i done near on 1 thousand miles before i had the thing anywhere near 6k revs and would advice the same!
good luck!

Last edited by stup; 01-06-2008 at 03:01 AM..
Old 01-06-2008, 02:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: