Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Turbo Rebuilders ???

Hello and sorry if this has been asked/answered repeatedly (couldn't find much doing "searches") - where do you guys send turbo units for overhaul?

I'm in the middle of an engine overhaul on my 87 930 and want to get the turbo refreshed as well . . . local (Dallas TX area) shop is Majestic Turbos but I have gotten conflicting opinions with regard to their workmanship . . .

Ronnie

Old 01-06-2008, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Hello and sorry if this has been asked/answered repeatedly (couldn't find much doing "searches") - where do you guys send turbo units for overhaul?

I'm in the middle of an engine overhaul on my 87 930 and want to get the turbo refreshed as well . . . local (Dallas TX area) shop is Majestic Turbos but I have gotten conflicting opinions with regard to their workmanship . . .

Ronnie

Say no to Majestic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had more customers with blown(new) turbochargers from them than I can remember and every one of them was turned down for warranty as they claimed it was user fault There known for selling crap turbos on Ebay and having them grenade. I used to rebuild KKK's, IHI, and Holsets here day in and day out. I have a VSR balance machine for fully balancing the CHRA. I now just do it occasionally for any customer or local needing it done. Not alot of money in it these days with the price of new turbochargers dropping all the time.

-Adam
Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

tim's turbos gets my thumbs up.. he did mine worked great and pat keefe's I believe

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 01-06-2008, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

+1 on tims. great customer service.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 01-06-2008, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

I think the only shop I'd consider for a KKK turbo charger rebuild is Ultimate Motorwerks...in which you'll be instructed to toss the stock 3LDZ over a cliff while you say three "Hail Mary's" and an "Our Father"...oh what the hell, go for an entire decade of the rosery, and then reach into your back pocket for enough green to purchase a proper K27, K27S or K27HFS!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 01-06-2008 at 03:17 PM..
Old 01-06-2008, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Imagine Auto can sell the stuff you need...they partner with Ultimate Motorwerks.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 01-06-2008, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Stranger on the Internet

As Ben said, Tim's Turbos, in Virginia. Tim is the man. His service is exceptional, and he absolutely knows what he's doing.
www.timsturbos.com

Pat
Old 01-06-2008, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Sand_man does have a point. you will be so much happier with some form of K27 over the 3LDZ. Many people like to refer to that turbo as a "paper weight".
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Me like track days

+10,000 for Ultimate - local guy here who is EXCELLENT -
Old 01-07-2008, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Banned

Thank you for the input everyone !!!!!

Ronnie
Old 01-07-2008, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
+10,000 for Ultimate - local guy here who is EXCELLENT -
Who is the local guy here, Craig?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
Who is the local guy here, Craig?
If I'm not mistaken, I think Kevin (Ultimate Motorwerks) is in the North West...possibly Craig was indicating that Ultimate *IS* the local guy?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Ultimate's contact info:

www.Ultimatemotorwerks.com

kevin@ultimatemotorwerks.com

kmatwichuk@att.net
Old 01-08-2008, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Thank you, Sir!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Blitzkrieg

Hey Hayabusa,I live in Everett and also have black 77 930

We should meet up at the Diamond Knot for a couple and talk Porsche. I also ride bikes and do lots of trackdays with Nesba. I have actually seen you driving around a few times. I just got mine about 4 months ago and I am still sorting some issues out, but should be ready to rock in a month or so. Jamie jly535@comcast.net

Old 02-07-2008, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: