Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
"I wuz the liquor..."

Thumbs up these really are extraordinary cars...ain't they?

Replaced the clutch cable and installed a new O-ring on the throttle body to intercooler interface (had a small boost leak there), and proceeded to flog the car like I had stolen it AND was angry!!! Clubbed her like a baby seal! I'm really just amazed at how good these cars feel!!! Mine turned 21 this year and still has no squeaks, rattles, or shakes!! The fit and finish every where is just impeccable!

I have no regrets in foregoing more "traditional" transportation to utilize this car as my daily driver.

Next on my list is the suspension...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 01-07-2008, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

They truly are. I have a long list of friends who want to go for a ride. when I take them out I find a lonely stretch of back road and just open her up. I tell them to scream when they want me to stop. I dont usual get to far before they start screaming. Then there like "I never knew such an old car could be that fast"

any big plans for your suspension? poly-bronze? rsr coil overs? full track set up? hahaha. I keep forgeting that car is your daily driver, I dont know how you do it...
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 01-07-2008, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Very well put, sandman. I don't know how many other 21 year-old stock cars I'd feel comfortable in rocketing along a downhill straight heavy into the boost, seeing the upcoming corner's guardrail loom closer and closer, visualizing the precipitous cliff on the other side of said armco, and still feeling comfortable hitting the brakes late and hard to scrub off enough speed to make the tight corner ahead.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

Planning to go all Elephant Racing:
-Quickchange adjustable spring plates
-PolyBronze bearings front and rear
-31mm rear torsion bars
-22mm front torsion bars
-Lowered to "Euro" ride height
-WHO KNOWS WHAT OTHER "WHILE YOU'RE IN THERE'S"...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 01-07-2008, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Agree!

Mine turned 21 this year also and is as tight and squeak free as new!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Planning to go all Elephant Racing:
-Quickchange adjustable spring plates
-PolyBronze bearings front and rear
-31mm rear torsion bars
-22mm front torsion bars
-Lowered to "Euro" ride height
-WHO KNOWS WHAT OTHER "WHILE YOU'RE IN THERE'S"...
Let me know when you get to the torsion bars so I can swing by and take a look. I know I will have to upgrade mine in the near future as I am getting too much flex. I need to get back over and visit Olli in High Point now that he has his car off the lift. He is running a coil over set up.

Cant forget sway bars with beefed up WEVO mounts.... The "while you were in there's" are what will really kill ya!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Looks like Sand_man and cl8ton have twins!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngM018 View Post
Looks like Sand_man and cl8ton have twins!
My calipers look better j/k..Great Year, Great Color!
Now if I can age as gracefully as my 930 is (...rolling eyes...)
Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngM018 View Post
Then there like "I never knew such an old car could be that fast"
He he, funny you say that. Last year my cousin visited from overseas and I took him for a spirited drive in the turbo cab. Afterwards, he said he felt "nauseous" from the acceleration. Still got the claw marks on the dash. What a p*ssy
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 01-07-2008, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

You know, I wondered why there were scratch marks in the leather on the dash and around the passenger door handle when I got the car. I'm beginning to understand how that happened...
Old 01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Someday....
Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

These cars are "extraordinary" alright.....

Extraordinary pieces of Krap!

Yasin
Old 01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
26 yrs old and no complaints hey Bender how did you know you had a small boost leak? What were the symptoms?
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 01-08-2008, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20cooled7 View Post
26 yrs old and no complaints hey Bender how did you know you had a small boost leak? What were the symptoms?
The car ran fine off boost, but when I'd start spooling, a sort of "whooshing" / "whistling" sound that wasn't coming from the turbo or wastegate could be heard. Plus I noticed that the engine was having a hard time maintaining boost all the way to my redline. Being that I'm now on 965 intercooler running gear, I thought that my billet compressor by-pass valve might be stuck, but then I noticed that the intercooler seemed to be sort of cocked where it fit on the throttle body. Further inspection revealed that the O-ring was cut.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: