Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Some motor dimensions needed

Hi folks, I need some motor dimensions if anyone has them. The length of the motor for a 3.0 and 3.6, measured from the front most face of the bellhousing flange to the snout of the crank. Rough approximate is just fine, even total length of just the case itself would work just fine Also approximate width of motor measured at it's widest point(VC to VC along cam housing centerline?)

I'm trying to see relatively how dimensionally close this non-Porsche 3.3L flat six is to the 3.0/3,6 motors.

Thanks in advance..
Old 01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Adam, I've got both a 3.0 and 3.6 bare case. 3.0 measures 20 1/2 and the 3.6 20 5/8" long. Don't have an assembled motor at the moment for the other dimension.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89turbocabmike View Post
Adam, I've got both a 3.0 and 3.6 bare case. 3.0 measures 20 1/2 and the 3.6 20 5/8" long. Don't have an assembled motor at the moment for the other dimension.

Hey thanks very much for that info! It gives me a good idea on how big this motor is in comparison to those Porsche engines for rough fitment clearances in my kit car.

Thanks again!

-Adam
Old 01-13-2008, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: