Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Anyone know this shop?

Devito's Porsche service in Orange California?
Are these guys on the up and up?
Do they do good work?
Old 01-16-2008, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I live in So. California and use Callas Rennsport in Torrance. They are the best. I have never heard of Devito's. I can wholeheartedly recommend Tony Callas. I know the owner of Pelican uses Tony Callas as well. Give them a call.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

They did the motor in my 76 turbo in 1995,for the PO.I've put 40,000 miles on her and still running strong.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Certifiable

Thanks guys for the info. I am looking a purchasing a 930 from a guy who had Devito's do about $10K in misc repairs, including a mystery rollback on the ODO...
The story is that when she rolled over to 100k miles, it went to 200k...
Looking at past threads I do see some other people who have experienced the same type of fast-forward on their ODO's and now that at least someone has heard of these guys I feel a bit more comfortable...
Old 01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Get a PPI

Quicksilver-Be sure and get an independent pre-purchase inspection ("PPI")done by a competent shop. That should include a leak down test as well. It is $ well spent. I thought I had a good 993TT but after the PPI by Callas, I passed on it. Be careful and not impulsive.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
The PPI will tell you if not to buy it.

Good luck.

Regards,
Old 01-19-2008, 12:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Certifiable

Absolutely will do the PPI, infact... it goes in Monday... anything extra I should check out?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

if you own a turbo , jason at rs enterprises in ventura is the turbo guru in socal. just him and an apprentice. ive had 2 930's and he transformed them into reliable rockets. but first and foremost ...honest. you can stand under the lift to see for yourself what the deal is. worth a call, 930chef
Old 01-19-2008, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: